Important Demo ?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by USAF.07, Feb 17, 2005.

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

Looking through the lyrics on the site I see most of the demos, but does one exist for One Step Closer? The only time I've heard a demo mentioned for this song (origninal HT version not reanimation) was called Plaster, but it sounds exactly the same; anyone know different? or do I just have another copy of One Step Closer that I think is a demo lol

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

There is supposedly a demo for OSC but very few people have heard it, and that was probably years ago.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

There is a demo for One Step Closer entitled Plaster. It was released on a demo tape with Now I See (With You demo). I know someone who has the track and I'm getting it soon. So it does exist. There is also a version of OSC that was released on an ECW Rocks! 2001 compilation. It features different samples and different effects. This was widely believed to be Plaster, but I verified it with someone that it's just an 'alternate' version, not Plaster. It may/may not be a demo, but it's not the Plaster that Mike has talked about in interviews.

If you get a version of One Step Closer where it is really scratchy audio quality, or Chester's voice seems lower, it's a fake. There are about 10 fakes of Plaster floating around as of now.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i think i have one of those fakes - it would be cool to get hold of the 'real' plaster one day

Neil

Apparently it's sitting in my inbox right now, but I can't get to it because of the school's stupid assed web filter :lol:

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Apparently it's sitting in my inbox right now, but I can't get to it because of the school's stupid assed web filter :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Do you have it now? :lol: Just kidding.

I was hoping that the ECW version of OSC was Plaster. It would have ended all the doubts everyone has about this damn demo :lol: .

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Apparently it's sitting in my inbox right now, but I can't get to it because of the school's stupid assed web filter :lol: [/b][/quote]
    iam guessing you have it now - is there any major differences to the OSC well all have on our Hybrid Theory CD?

PraYer

PraYer Member

I have Plaster demo in my computer, but i dunno thats real or fake.

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Not asking for an mp3 here but it'd be cool if someone could get that song up on a "player" so people could hear it. That way, we'd all know the "real" Plaster. :)

lpassailant

lpassailant Well-Known Member

I've been shouted at by literally 18 million different peopele about all this, but as far as i know, i searched every foriegn site, every filesharing program, e-mailed every website, hell, i've done everything within my power on the computer to find both the OSC demo and Now I See, both searches turned up with 6-7 fakes each, and not a trace of actual demos. As far as I know, neither demo was released, they existed, but were never released on tape, cd, mp3, etc... So I don't believe any of us will ever hear the demos, and I will believe so until proven otherwise.

P.S. don't send me any fakes, I've heard em all 800 times due to people insisting I am wrong. the most common are "warped" songs which, in an audio conversion program or somethign similar, the song becomes deeper, or higher, or just plain obscured, but it is simply a "warped" version, they are NOT demos.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Now I See is real, I have it. It's hard to tell the difference unless you listen in headphones, but the volume levels of the different scratching parts in the intro are different, the verses have louder bass lines, and the guitar harmonics right before the heavy part comes in are different from the album version. Now I See was a track on an Ozzfest 2000 sampler CD, and it lists the band as "Hybrid Theory." It may not actually be a "demo" per sé, but it's mixed differently than the album version and the name hadn't been changed yet.

Neil

iam guessing you have it now - is there any major differences to the OSC well all have on our Hybrid Theory CD? [/b][/quote]
    Sometimes... in life... shit happens. Shit happened. :lol:

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Sometimes... in life... shit happens. Shit happened. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    What kind of shit happened?