Music IMPURE THOUGHTS EP

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by minuteforce, Feb 4, 2017.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[​IMG]

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I really dig the vibe of the first track, "DRUG OF CHOICE". It feels like dance music, though it may have too much edge to be truly dance music. Definitely a bouncing beat and synth feast, though. Would go really well with some vocals, especially the bridge->end. Could imagine some soft, ominous Shinoda-type singing there.

The atmosphere in the second full-length track is awesome. Some of the crushing sounds reminds me of the LP track "Coal". Both of these tracks feel like they're transitioning into bridges when they're really just ending! Maybe that's just my personal compositional instincts kicking in.

The next track, "RENDITION", has a nice, chill beat. I really dig the samples on display here. Overall, the atmosphere on this EP has been excellent, and the de-tuned pluck instrument in this track is chilling, evolving into a truly ethereal harmony with the track later on.

Onto the final track and I can really tell you're having a lot of fun with the sampling on this EP. To the benefit of each individual track, for sure. The automation to evolve all these individual elements must have been crazy to work out. The bass can get a little loud in this track, but that's just my personal taste.

Overall, a pretty strong showing. Keep on keeping on!

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

The drums are impressive
    Great work :chuck:

mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

great

TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

I like it, HOUSE/OF/CARDS is my favourite.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

9/10

Really moody and cinematic. Great drums. I like the tasteful use of distortion and delay. Also, the mastering is nice. A lot of things that I notice over multiple listens.

Ready whenever you have new music again!

Decay likes this.