Interview With Chester From Kerrang!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

A little while back Chester sat down with Kerrang! Magazine to talk about the new album and how it is different from thier debut 'Hybrid Theory'. Although this was made before "Meteora" became the album's name it's still worth reading as it reveals how Meteora will sound and how Linkin Park have changed musically.

What does the new album sound like?
    "Linkin Park. It's a lot more mature and it's both a lot heavier and a lot softer. We've taken it up a notch as far as the electronic and hip-hop influences are concerned but it's still a very rock album. It's a really good example of how we've grown over the past couple of years."

What's it like trying to follow-up to a record that's sold over 12 million copies worldwide?
    "Well there's pressure, how could there not be? Because 'Hybrid Theory' was our first album some people were very skeptical about whether could do it again and that's okay. But we were very confident that we would not release an album unless it was as good as 'Hybrid Theory'. We've had a lot more time to mess around with melodies and arrangements, and I'm confident that we've made a very different record, but a lot better record then 'Hybrid Theory'."

Some of nu-metal's biggest bands-Korn, Papa Roach- have underachieved commercially in the past year; is that a matter of concern for you?
    "Well, I hate to say this because I love both those bands, musically and as people, but there is an up and down cycle in everyone's life and career. If our fans don't like our album I think we should take it as a sign that we've lost touch with our fans and we need to regain that trust and that companionship we had when we started writing."

You're obviously not in the same position in your life as you were when writing 'Hybrid Theory'; how did that affect the lyrics?
    "I'm probably more stressed out now than ever. I'm not complaining, I love my life, but having material for new lyrics was never going to be a problem. I don't want our success to affect my art, we're still the same people and we're still writing about the same feelings."

Now that you've finished the album, will you find things you wish you had done differently?
    "I'm sure I will. There's always something that could be better. But there has to come a time when you have to let your kids grow up and go."

mirtheory

mirtheory Well-Known Member

I've read it 2 times, answers of Chez r really ...intelligent, they make sens :chemist:

Jhhead08

Jhhead08 Active Member

:D Thats AWESOME.... is there any other interviews????

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Always. Just finding them is the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.