Iphone or Droid?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by John, Nov 7, 2010.

Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

same as before
    you haven't played it, so you dont know if it is good
    your sayin they should be on pcs and stuff because it would be better, but how do you know that it is better when you havent played it?

Cinemamonster

Cinemamonster Are you watching closely?

I said I haven't played it on iPhone/Pad, but I've played PS3 version (of the first one).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    Necromorph

but this one is completely different, this has a completetly new story and controls.

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Dead Space on iPhone provides the console experience. You haven't played it so don't say it doesn't.

Necromorph

i found another little gem
    league of evil
    do you have that on the errhh....android?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

If games is the deciding factor about whether you buy a phone or not, you're getting it for the wrong reasons. Who wants to play games on that small of a screen and of lesser quality than current video game consoles? You buy a phone for better communication.

Necromorph

well this sort of turned into a discussion about apple and android,
    but yes, the original post if for mobiles

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Well making calls with your phone has alot more to do with your network provider then your phone. These days people buy phones for communication and then buy smart phones for work and play. I don't need my iPhone for university but i get bored on the train, so i like to watch movies and play games.

Seriously it really annoys me when people say you only need a phone for communication. If that were the case all phones would just be an 8 bit screen with 12 bottons on it so you can call and text.

travz21

So get an iPod or a PSP, something that will be better than a phone's gaming, music, or videos. You guys are trying to win an argument by saying Android or iPhone has better games than one another when games aren't an important function of a phone. Picture mail, video mail, texting, internet, and battery life are things you should be wondering about when buying a phone.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Personally, I don't understand why a phone can't just be a phone. I like the iOS format, but only for the iPod Touch. The iPhone itself is not what is cracked up to be, and I don't want to have to spend a crap load of money each month on a plan just to experience the Android. My Net10 LG slider phone suits me quite nicely for what I need it for, and that way I don't have to worry about going over minutes or internet time, and having to pay extra money, and then sit there and pay penalties for cancelling your service if you cancel it before your contract is over.

Necromorph

what happens if i make 1 call a day? and 10 txts a day? there is still like 23 hours in the day.

travz21

Are you asking me what you should do to stay busy? How about buy things better than a phone to entertain you? Like a computer or Xbox or iPod. Or get a girlfriend that will play with your weener. All better options than a $300 phone that can do a lot of things not that well, especially if you're not using it for calls or texting.

Necromorph

very funny...not
    seriously thoughwhat happens if i was waiting for someone and i was just sitting there doing nothing, why not use your phone and play some games?

Cinemamonster

You can do... pretty much anything.
    And phone is just one option (I know you wern't asking me, but stiil).

P.S. Back to Dead Space (I can't just leave it alone)).
    I'm glad that it did give you console experience. For me (key word - ME) phones and tablets can't do that. Dead Space is cool. Let's end it here.

ShinodaTwin

ShinodaTwin Linkinland is the new Disneyland

I can't compare because I only used an iphone. From what I experienced, it's a great phone. I agree for games it's really an awesome phone. I would go with the Iphone, I just like apple products in general, always reliable.

Necromorph

i was on my friends htc the other day.
    wow, it's not as good as i thought i would be
    its actually not as good as the iphone, and thats not speaking in just terms of games

Cinemamonster

What HTC phone it was? Desire? Legend? Hero?

Necromorph

think it was the legend

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droid_Bionic

Yall heard about the Droid Bionic? 8mp camera, Dual Core processor, 4G.

Makes me excited for the iPhone 5, hopefully Apple ups the ante (like the iPhone 4), cuz the iPad 2 was just weak.

20. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I don't see how people are going to claim that Iphone is the best for gaming once the PS Suite starts, plus NVidia has a chip in store that is (named Kal-el) 5~ times more powerful than the most powerful chip on any phone out there today and it's suppose to be released during the fall of this year. They're later releasing another chip in 2014 (Stark) which is 75 times more powerful than the Tegra2 dualcore. And guess what? They'll all probably be used in Android phones. five times more the power by the end of this year though, that's not 5% it's five times as much.

Also, the ipad 2 is a joke! I mean, Apple could have crippled the competition but instead the have given leeway to other tablets that are going to be so much better.