iPod updater software

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by emmmers, Jul 19, 2005.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I have a question.

I just downloaded the iPod updater software for my 20 GB iPod (non iPod photo). Now it's version 2.3 and has the new featuers Audiobooks and Photo Import. I was totally surprised because I always knew that my iPod couldn't do any of those fancy things. When I choose either of these from my iPod, it goes to a blank screen with no instructions. Did Apple just screw up and give me incompatible bonus features that were intended for iPod Photo, or can I actually import audiobooks and photos but just don't know how?

Any help would be appreciated.

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I believe all iPods (3G, 4G) can play Audibles. (little tip, import a CD Book as AAC and rename the file extension to ".m4p" which will make it a bookmarkable file.) Photo Import is a extra that lets you import photo media straight from a digital camera card, but it requires 3rd Party accessories.

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

Cant it just carry photo files. My ipod shuffle can carry data around. It can probably hold the photos but you cant see them unless you import them onto an computer. Thats just what i think.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Audiobooks should be able to be played on any type of iPod but the photo import would only be for iPod photos.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Audiobooks should be able to be played on any type of iPod but the photo import would only be for iPod photos. [/b][/quote]
    Photo Import is for 3rd party devices. You connect it to the iPod, insert the disk from the camera or hook up the camera, and it instantly transfers your photos to the iPod and you can delete them from your camera and take more pictures.