IRC network

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by mcpancakes, May 13, 2008.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

The IRC channel on the server isn't set up right or something; you can't connect to it. I recently kind of got into the whole IRC scene so does anyone want to make a channel somewhere for LPA? I'll co-channel-op with you :) I'm not sure if any users here even are familiar with it, but it'd probably be a cool thing to have I guess.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

If anyone else wants to do it, go right ahead. We were paying for the IRC server and no one ever used it so we decided to get rid of it.

mcpancakes

us.undernet.org
    #lpa
    key: 1994

If someone wants to put that info on the Chat page that'd be cool. I thought the key was a good idea so if anyone not from LPA comes wanting the #lpa channel, they won't be able to have/enter it.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I went to the chat that was here before a few times, like two people were on it. I tried to get on it recently but it just didn't work. :lol: so now I know why that was.

mcpancakes

all right fuck this, stupid idea.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

:blink:

May I direct you to Todd's post above. This costs money. Nobody ever used the IRC server when we had it, and seeing as we do not actually get enough donations to pay for extra features for the site as it is, we saw no reason to include this on the current version of LPA.

Maybe when it becomes easier to pay 120+ a month with everything we use on this site we'll add IRC on top of it, but for now we can not do that and I apologize.