Iridescent Video Now Online - Watch The New Linkin Park Video Here!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

For me, it's not simply robots=bad. It's just that there did seem to be at least some kind of story...and the transformers didn't fit in it at all.

For instance, the end of the song is obviously the part where you're "letting go" or whatever. Showing a bunch of evil looking robots popping out of a moon made absolutely no sense there.

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with you... There is one point where Mike's hand is closer to the screen and the red/blue colours are more spaced apart - this definitely suggests 3D depth to the picture :)

Once the video is downloadable in some shape or form I can separate the left and right eye images with a program and then we'll know with 100% certainty :)

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Yeah, that's my only question. Once I hear some possible interpretations, I may better appreciate the video.
    But so true, slow motions have been a bit overdone.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the amount of transformers until the end when it showed the decepticons rise out of the moon's surface, that part just felt out of place in the context of the song.

I really hate this edit of the song, it doesn't have that great of an impact as the original.

I really wanted the video to go into full color at one point but it did not :(

It was a decent video, hopefully not the last off of ATS it was definitely better than the New Divide video though.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I miss the days when it wasn't mandatory for videos to have a message.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

My views:

1. Edit of the song sucks. I never liked how short they made the song for the single, and I wish they had left the song alone. Sorry LP, but the song was BEAUTIFUL in it's original form. Original was one of your best songs ever made. This? Not so much.
    2. The lip-synching does appear to be off slightly, but not enough to ruin the video imho.
    3. It's my favorite video from the ATS album cycle and probably one of my top 3 favorites by them. Sure I could've done without the transformers (even though this single WAS for the film), but it's beautifully directed and extremely well done. Ghost Town strikes again! :D

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Well...I thought it was super cool, personally. I wish the audio lined up more with the video (maybe just an MTV US thing) and that I had 3D glasses...but I like it. Becoming a bit more fond of the single version of Iridescent, too.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I agree with both of these points.

I’m glad they didn’t do this in full colour as I think that might have made it too similar to the New Divide video. After watching it a few more times in better quality this video is starting to grow on me. I’m really impressed with some of the effects that have been used here. Nice work, Mr Hahn and Ghost Town Media. :)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I actually like this version of Iridescent more than the original except for the bridge. If they would have left the bridge alone in the singleI would have deleted the original Iridescent from my iTunes by now.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

was hoping for color............................................................................at least a second or two

Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider Who-ligan

I don't get it. But it looks epic!
    I still wish they would have used the original song though. :/

Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider Who-ligan

THIS.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

There is. When you watch it in HD, bumblebee (one of the transformers) appears in color. It's the bad quality that makes it seem entirely B&W.

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

I don't know what you fucks are watching. It is an awesome music video.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Hey Joe Hahn, here's an idea for you: Stop using slow motion in every single music video from ATS. Do something new and original once in a while. That video was very meh for me. The only thing I liked was Shinoda sitting on the throne. Kind of symbolic of his role in LP; he's the king and decision maker of the band.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

edited version of the song was too short to show the full expression of this song
    black and white... well I'll see if it'll turn my world upside down in HD
    Transformer cameos, I'm okay with that.
    was hoping for more energy towards the end of the video but...

Will make my call after HD comes out

PS: please don't bash me for not liking the video now, I can't change my mind

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

This feels like a failed attempt to mix the promotion of a movie and a concept together....

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Watching it again, HD version would probably be a hell lot better.

Oh ya... didn't realize it at first.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I really like this video. And I haven't really liked a Linkin Park music video for a while.

That said, I'm still kind of upset they're letting a beautiful (albeit poppy) song like Iridescent be turned into the "Transformers 3 song." Kind of a shame. But the video looked great, cool effects without being too obnoxious, not a slow motion overload.

However, I have no idea what the hell is going on in the video. :D It looks like Joe Hahn is standing over a weird model/game board, and maybe everything that's happening is just a part of his game. But yeah I have no clue.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

This video defintitely delivered! I don't know how you can dislike it, unless you really oppose Transformers. But honestly, this video makes me actually want to spend money to see the film !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.