Iridescent Video Now Online - Watch The New Linkin Park Video Here!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm laughing at people who go out of their way to find meanings in things that simply aren't there. Stop inferring I'm close-minded. We're arguing about two different things here.

I've made it clear that I'm not a fan of the ambiguous nature of Linkin Park's latest music videos. I've provided examples of videos I enjoyed that got the point of the song across without having to be so vague.

I'm sure there's an actual storyline here. Probably something like what Joe said about humans living in a world dominated by robots, or something to that effect. Watching the video without reading that description, most people would never make that connection. And that's my gripe.

I haven't disagreed with your statement that the same art imagery has been used in the music videos for this cycle. I think your definition of continuity and mine are different in this instance. I said "There's no visible, linear plot in any of the music videos of this album cycle, and I laugh at anyone trying to pull them together as a continuous storyline", to which you said "Has no one noticed the visual connection?". See? Two different things.

We can argue ad nauseum about how the songs create the storyline because, well, they're from a concept album! Either way, it's not like the 4 singles from the album were chosen in this specific order to release and create a linear storyline.

Anyways, this has devolved into arguing about semantics. It's not worth talking about anymore.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I was so stoked for this video to come out when I saw the on-set interviews last April. The film set had a rich, visually appealing color palate to it that set a very genuine mood. The narrative of the one-eyed man being king was very interesting to me, and furthermore they said that there weren't gonna be any transformers in it like last time. I swear I'm not insane. I wouldn't have cheered and committed that little factoid to memory if they didn't say that.

What came out looks like they changed their minds in the middle of production. They washed away that beautiful color palate and subsequently washed away the mood they created. Then the story was changed by putting in this transformers thing. How am I going to connect this one-eyes king concept to random transformers? They're in different universes. The transformers aren't connected in anyway to the rest of the video. They're removing meaning to the video rather than adding it. They're like walking in on people making out and tapping them on the shoulder. They make me mad.

Finally, there's just too much eye candy. The costuming and scenery is just enough eye candy. The special effects just take it way too far past the limit. The special effects is like this website http://yvettesbridalformal.com/. They join forces with the transformers by making a video that would have had meaning and turning into another random picture slide show. I didn't like the last few videos because they were random picture slide shows.
    Sometimes less is more.

Some of their other videos I just ignored because I wasn't into them in the first place. This one had an awesome initial concept and an awesome setup that I got really excited about, and then they went and ruined it. I call shenanigans and going to throw rocks at Paramount now for messing up my favorite video.

I was having a lot more fun watching the behind the scenes clips and making connections to the song that way. Maybe I can cut together a video remix with those scenes.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
    Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider Who-ligan

I have a pair of 3D glasses so I watched the video with them and it looked a lot cooler. I hope I can watch it on my tv in HD sometime though. It will probably be even better.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

How messy. Had high hopes for this one unfortunately. Ah well.

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

Nice !
    im excited to the movie more now !

A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

Amazing video. I like it a lot.

ameenshake101

ameenshake101 Banned

before anyone else says it, it is full of Illuminati symbols.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Its alright.

It might grow on me hopefully.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

If you really look hard enough, you can find "Illuminati" symbols on practically anything. For something that's apparently so secret and mysterious, they don't seem to mind saturating their symbols into everything.

Visually this video is awesome, however I think overall it didn't fit with the song whatsoever. I was against Iridescent becoming a single anyway and I'm completely appalled that the band actually made a single version for this song. It's basically destroyed a very powerful song of any credibilty in my opinion.

It staggers me that on an album full of futuristic electronic sounds and samples that would have perfectly fit on a Transformers soundtrack, they chose one of the more orthodox piano/guitar driven songs.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

They chose it because apparently the fans wuv it in the concerts :rolleyes:

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

Video is awesome!!! But it could be coloured.:p

Mitch

Mitch YTB

I really don't like this mix of the song at all. It just takes away from what makes the original so good. Oh, I didn't really mind the video.

Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Personally, I wish they would make the music videos with the original tracks off the album, instead of this remix. Same with The Catalyst.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think BITS would've been a much more suitable for Transformers

ameenshake101

ameenshake101 Banned

If they wanted ATS to be heard as a full album, they shouldn't have released any singles or made any music videos. Either they should released a music video for every single song or made a long ass music video (short film) covering all parts of the albums like Kanye West did for his song, Runaway.

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

A lot of people keep saying the song doesn't fit the movie or such and such a song would fit better... I'm sorry, has Michael Bay personally shown you lot an incomplete version of the movie this far in advance has he?

:D

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well we've seen the first 2 and I'm sure this one is not gonna be much different.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

So much damn negativity here

20. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

you know how we do, we go to Costco and get cases of 24 pack Haterade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.