Is Adema Coming Back with Bobby... and Marky?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Ant, Jul 25, 2009.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Didn't want to post this for a bit till I saw more info, but none has come yet, so might as well:

http://twitter.com/officialadema

"David DeRoo and Marky Chavez playing @ Sport's n' Spirits tonight at 9pm! Together again playing some covers for no cover! Come on down...3:47 PM Jul 16th from web"

"@Ademalevel to clarify.. noone said that.. just that him and Dave were playing covers together in a bar in Bakersfield.4:21 PM Jul 16th from web in reply to Ademalevel"

"To everyone + @Ademalevel in time all will be revealed but plz don't start the rumor mill just yet.;)4:24 PM Jul 16th from web"

...hmmmm. Bobby is still playing with Adema. But it seems like saying "in time all will be revealed" means Marky will be involved?

(Also, they have a new Myspace layout: http://www.myspace.com/adema ...and are signed to Corporate Punishment records I'd assume since they forwarded someone wanting to help design their website to "hit up [email protected]")

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Wow that would be cool, I love Bobby and I thought Kill The Headlights was an amazing album (I was even on the street team and got free posters to spread around, still have some left) and extremely left in the dark.

I think it deserved more success than it got.

The new Myspace layout, wow.. That IS the logo they used back with Marky, that would be so amazing if they worked with him AND Bobby..

Ant

Ant Ambient

I'm just assuming Bobby is still in the band, for the record, since he's been playing their last live shows, and is still listed on their Myspace. Personally, I like his voice better than Marky's, but I like both.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Yeah, Bobby has a raspy but very good voice, It's unique and I like it. I love the Level versions of Cold and Jaded and especially Infrared.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

If Mark's coming back, i hope his lyrics improve. Unstable had some of the worst lyrics i'd ever heard.

Jawsome

Jawsome Well-Known Member

!!!!!
    This would be amazing! In fact I have been listening to Adema the past few days at work, thinking about how awesome it would've been to see them live. I hope they tour through MN.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I listened to their s/t just before. It's pretty good for what it is. Hopefully they save up and come down to australia.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'll definitely be checkin' the band out once more if Mark returns. I haven't been following the band very much at all since 03', and strangely..this is somewhat exciting to hear.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

You should listen to Kill The Headlights. Probably their second best album. Adema>Kill The Headlights>Planets>Unstable.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

This would be fucking sick
    Ive always wanted Marky to come back to Adema

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Marky might have left a lot to be desired in the lyrics department, but to me he is and always will be Adema. After the new singer came on, I didn't even listen to the band anymore because (to me) they just didn't sound as great anymore. If Marky reunites with them (and even makes a record), this might just be what brings me back to this band.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

You know they had two new singers? What you said made it sound like you'd only listened to Planets, which was the first album without Marky. They then got Bobby who's much more suited to the band and made a great album. You should probably give that a listen.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I think Derek is saying that he stopped with Planets and, despite knowing they switched singers, he was just never compelled to give them another shot.

Either way, I liked Planets the most I think.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Ah well, he should anyway :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Exactly correct.

I was aware of Bobby, but haven't really given him a chance yet.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

you REALLY need to check out Kill The Headlights, man. It honestly is closest so "Adema" as you can get without actually having Marky in the band.

Adema > Kill The Headlights > Unstable > dogshit > Planets .... IMHO

:p :lol:

I don't mean to offend anybody, just thought I'd throw a little humor in there :eek:

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Even though I really enjoyed Kill The Headlights, I guess it's good news for the fans.

Jawsome

Jawsome Well-Known Member

I liked KTH alot actually, Bobby has a really good voice, but I still liked Marky more. That being said anyone who quit listening to the band when planets came out, should really check out Kill the Headlights, I like it about as much as Unstable. My favs are Cold and Jaded, Los Angeles, Brand New Thing, and All These Years.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

All These Years is a pretty amazing song.

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

Am I the only one who liked Planets better than KTH? I will admit that KTH is closer to their original sound but I really liked the direction they went with Planets. It's awesome that Marky might be coming back. That was undoubtedly their best line-up. Looks back at the other posts again. Oh, guess I'm not.