Is Brad a good guitar player??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by P.D., Dec 26, 2006.

?

Is Brad a good guitar player?

1. Yes! He rocks!!!!!!

75 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. No! He sucks!!!!!!

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  3. He's O.K.

65 vote(s)
    42.8%
  4. Don't know

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. marijaLPnarkos

marijaLPnarkos Well-Known Member

I think people who say Brad's playing technique rocks have a way too subjective opinion.

Not that I'm not subjective at all when it's about them (it'd make no sense :blush:), but I have an objective image of how they're really like. They're not the most educated musicians, it's maybe a pity to say, but it's true. Brad maybe has a potential to be outstanding, but he just has to prove it. He's not one of the guitarists that you could pick out and comment on him alone. It'd be....unreal and lame telling how bad he is on the one side, while on the other side he does so well in the band, and vice versa. He obviously needs more "movement", he uses so little effects that it's sad. His playing makes you always feel "hungry". I won't even speak of how I feel about it while listening to Symphony X for example, or Adagio :cry: Similar thing with Phoenix: They should let go of regular 6 string guitar and 4 string bass..

One more thing: Guitar solos are not just to show off, for those who think so. Good solo has to be a top part of the song. Melody doesn't have to include technique, but technique has to include melody. Fortunately, you don't have to be educated to be imaginative, creative, original, emphatic and loved.

"We talk about uncomfortable things and try to make you comfortable with that" :D

2. boojitsu

boojitsu Well-Known Member

he's alright. Part of being a good guitarist is being able to change things up, he does a pretty good job of that with some songs (like pushing me away live, etc.) In general, though, he has kept with some very similar ideas for songs. Nothing too "out there".... this new album will probably change that, but that's what I've heard from him in recent CDs.

-Boojitsu21

3. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I think that the "the little things you give away" solo will show us a new side of Brad.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. JayPDee

JayPDee Member

Agree ! I think he'll improve his skillz on the next Album ...

5. Kippers

Kippers Active Member

I didn't really pay much attention until i heard the 'No More Sorrow' clip on youtube, that little guitar solo he has is beast!

He definitly rocks.

6. Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

i'm in teh process of listening the album...but in pieces...very good...the kind of solo i expected from him...

his overall playing has improved...way to go brad

7. chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

The solos on In Pieces and The Little Things Give You Away are better. Probably not up to par with some people's opinions of a good solo (compared to the list of 'legendary' people posted here), But i like them. Good for brad, He should 'show off' more ;)

8. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

All I have to say is, in regards to the solo on In Pieces, congratulations Mr. Delson on putting something on a record that will actually require effort for me to play. :p

9. Sucre06

Sucre06 The Bartender

YEAH , He's ROCK ... :headbang:

10. jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

He's nothing out of the ordinary.

11. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Way to bump long dead threads.