Is it bad if I can't bend my neck>?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Sam, Mar 26, 2004.

Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Cause I felt a snap yesterday morning around 5am.. and It hurt real bad, I screamed so loud. Now it hurts so bad i squeal whenever i bend it, i can turn it with less pain, but still some pain.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

If I was you I'd go to the doctors :mellow:

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Thats what I was going to say ^_^

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

That same thing happened to me about a month ago, but I didn't go to the doctor. Yes, I know how bad it hurts, just take some avil (like 2-3), apply some heat to it, and it should go away in a couple of days.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

That happened to me last year. See a doctor and put heat on the neck and relax it.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's what I was going to say. You probably pulled a muscle in your neck from cracking your neck or something. Like Leslie said, take a few advil as directed by the box and see how the pain feels after a few days. If it shows absolutely no signs of getting better, have a doctor check it out. Try some 'icy hot' cream before you try advil as sometimes that can help easily.

I know what its like to have a neck cramp...your neck feels straight but sometimes when you look in the mirror..your head is tilted to the side like you have issues. At least that happened ONCE...and my dad took me out in public like that cause it was on my birthday. :wth:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I crack my neck all the time. When I wake up, the popping sounds really disgusting :lol:

If you do have a stiff neck though, I would get to a doctor ASAP. It could be a serious neck injury that Advil won't help. It's also a sign of meningitis which can be fatal if untreated. I had meningitis as when I was like 3 years old, not fun, but, can be cured if found quick enough

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

you will have pulled a muscles, its a bugger, the doctor will probobly give you one of those soft neck cast things, my mate had one

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

~moves left~ *SNAP* ~moves right~ *SNAP*

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

maybe its gonna go away... but i reckon you should go to the doctors if it doesnt.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

It was kind of funny when it happened to me, cause I was walking to the nurse with my neck down and couldn't lift it up. :lol:

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

My friend's cousin did a backflip into water, didn't get the full turn, and landed right on his head. He felt like he sprained a muscle, but ended up cracking his vertebrae in the back of his neck. He was in a halo for 3 weeks. Go get it checked out.

May

May Ambient

that happened to one of my friend's brother. He saw his doctor but i forgot what his doctor told him to do. so just take some Advil for it and if it doesn't go away see your doctor :)