Is This The Best Linkin Park Album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Derek, Mar 22, 2005.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

yes , it's the only lp album I still listen to , I almost like all the songs better then the orginal , production is a great rappers are great ,, I only don't like the new one step closer..

finality

finality Well-Known Member

Personally, Reanimation is my favorite Linkin Park album. It completely redefined Hybrid Theory and introduced a new sound that they used in some of Meteora's songs (it's there if you listen hard enough!).

Here's my personal breakdown of each track.

Pts.of.Athrty ~ 5/10 ~ While not as good as its counterpart, Pts is probably the closest to its original. The added echo here and there do not make that much of an impression on me. Was a poor choice for a single, in my opinion.

Enth E Nd ~ 3/10 ~ I'm going to be brutally honest on this one, they completely ruined In the End. I like the changed lines that Mike raps, but beyond that, the beat is terrible and Chester's singing is far from rhythmic. Garbage.

Frgt/10 ~ 7/10 ~ Mike's rapping is excellent, chali 2na's lines are pretty good, but the filters they used on the vocals are pretty lame. I love the beat for the song. This song is nowhere near as good as the original, however.

P5hng Me Aw*y ~ 10/10 ~ So infinitely better than the HT version. This song is dramatic. The changed chorus is absolutely incredible, also. This is the track that should have been the single. I can guarantee it would have made this album sell more. Still my favorite live track ... when the play the Reanimated version of PMA, it makes me want to orgasm. I love Stephen Richards' parts, too! I prefer when Mike sings them live, though.

Plc.4 Mie Haed ~ 8/10 ~ Good track overall, if Zion's part wasn't in it, it would be an A. But, it has to be by far the worst rapping I've ever heard. I love Chester's parts, they sound excellent, and the remixed guitar riffs are great. Zion is garbage, though.

H! Vltg3 ~ 2/10 ~ Worst Linkin Park song, period. Repeating the same horrifically annoying piano keying and crackling with annoying electronica beeps during the semi-chorus. It just sounds like the original HV with a little HV remix added on to the worst hip-hop beat ever made. Garbage, this song should have been left off the album entirely, or something.

Wth>You ~ 10/10 ~ Excellent, high energy track that sounds so infinitely better than the album version that it makes you wonder if With You was even good in the first place. This is just so excellent. The riffs are electric and lively and the whole song just feels so well packaged. Aceyalone is by far my favorite rapper, too. He was excellent on this track. His part was not long enough, though.

Ppr:Kut ~ 6/10 ~ I'm on the wall as far as this track goes. I can't really discern whether I love it or hate it. Chester's part is pretty good, and Mike sounds alright ... Planet Asia & Rasco are great, but the overall tone of the song just feels weak. Some days I can stand listening to it, others I just want to turn it off. Nowhere close to the original in terms of quality.

Rnw@y ~ 9/10 ~ This track is simply excellent. Chester's parts are dramatically improved over the original, Mike's limited parts are pretty good, the chorus is great and the ambience (listen to the track without vocals if you have the DVD-A) make this track what it is. The rapping at the end is way too short, but does its job. It's not bad, and it works well with the beat. Phoenix Orion is excellent.

My<Dsmbr ~ 4/10 ~ Ahhh! What could have been. This was the song I was so highly anticipating when I saw the tracklisting. What a disappointment. They turned it into a weak electronic-pop song. Way too effeminate, although I can stand hearing it every once in a while.

By Myslf ~ 10/10 ~ Best song on the album for me. The chorus has been dramatically improved over the original. Everything about this song just works well for me. The beat is catchy, the guitar riff (albeit basic) is excellent, and Mike sounds great.

Kyur 4 Th Ich ~ 8/10 ~ This may get a few people riled up, but I think this is better than CFTI. The video was quite neat also. I'm not a huge fan of instrumentals, but this is better than CFTI, Session and Ambience ("Secret" if you will) for me.

1stp Klosr ~ 9/10 ~ The introduction to this song, although way too long, is spooky to me. I love it so much. It builds up so much excitement for the upcoming vocals that the vocals are a little bit of a letdown. It sounds great overall and Jonathan Davis' part is EXCELLENT!

Krwlng ~ 10/10 ~ Dramatic and beautiful, Krwling ends the album on a very high note. Using the same violin tune to introduce the album, they end it with such. This is equal to Crawling, and Aaron Lewis, although his parts were minor, does his parts very well. Chester and Aaron work very well. Love this track.

So there you have it. I didn't include the filler tracks, X-Ecutioner Style is GARBAGE!