"It's a Good Mix of Old and New" Linkin Park Talk New Album in Kerrang!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

HT3

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Exactly, I don't understand the name-calling and serious shows of immaturity that go on in here sometimes. Honestly, this is why I hardly post here at all. There's always gonna be someone who hates your opinions on the internet and will get in your face about it but on a Linkin Park fansite it's a definite given.

On topic, I am siding with the people who are taking this with a grain of salt and waiting patiently (or as patiently as we can :) ), for the album to come out so we can judge it with our own ears.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

God, who knows what to think at this point. I'm sure ATS has changed their path forever in some way or another. Which means Hybrid Theory will never be fully present again, it may lend it's themes, but never it's instruments or structure.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I think Linkin Park needs to not read anything that this thread has to offer. They've put out amazing records since day one and with every twist and turn, I haven't been let down. I fully trust that whatever their new album sounds like, that it will find its way into being more of my favorite music. I support Linkin Park no matter what direction they take.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I so agree with you! I always thought that if LP made the same type of album over and over again......they would have broken up years ago! LP is the only band I've listened to I never gotten sick listening to. Ps-I like Mike's hair!

Mitch

Mitch YTB

I really hope they don't regress back to anything similar to their old sound and hope that they can continue to evolve their music.

If they can continue putting out albums that change style a little (or a lot) each album (a la Thrice) then I'll definitely be happy.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Ok my personal opinion here.
    I think Linkin Park's fan base is mostly split in two fractions:
    1- I WANT THE OLD, NU-METAL BAND OF 2001;
    2- THEY SHOULD STICK WITH ATS STYLE 'CAUSE IT WAS NOT BAD AT ALL.

Wake up people, and make up your own mind about what you like without being influenced by others. There is so much hypocrisy. This interview is interesting but it doesn't reveal ANYTHING at all about the new sound. Is pointless to be disappointed of something in here. To say DON'T GO BACK, I WANT ATS sounds now as silly as I WANT THE OLD LP, seriously! It seems like ATS is the way to bitch with people demanding HT3 and HT to bitch people who enjoyed ATS story. Is fucking annoying.
    As far as I understand with my non-motherlanguage english of this interview is that they want to reconnect parts of the old LP, what is in their roots, and put it with something new. There is no instruments mentioned, no style whatsoever and to go back to the past can mean simply to create a kind of interesting aggressive sound that could be found in Reanimation for example.
    If you ask me, the intro of The Red Square concert for T3 before New Divide could resemble very much old LP with new stuff, creating even tho a completely new sound. Who disliked that intro? I think the 1% and the trolls.
    To go back in a more personal-social kind of album is a nice coming back after 2 consecutive albums about a larger point of view. After all is the problems of the single that leads to the big ones, too.
    Give me a sound as the intro of that concert with orchestration in the middle, maybe with some old-rap in a new art and way and fuck sake you have a hell of a song.

Stop bitching about NOTHING.

EDIT: People also forgets that Mike worked for a film recently, which means he has a soundtrack experience, whichafter implicates development on a new level of music, with subliminal sounds and creativity with no limits.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Just read a couple of pages besides the article and I've come to several conclusions:

- It's not bad at all that Linkin Park wants to experiment with their "old self" again as well as the "new", and I think that Mike and the band are taking a step forward for not totally burning the bridges on their past but embracing it, in these few years they almost made it sound as if they were ashamed of it, but why? I don't know, but truth is that sound is what hooked most of LP's fanbase in the first place. (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE their new sound just as much as the old one, love EVERY album).

- People can have their opinions about it, but what bugs me is when they try to post it as the ultimate truth and "everyone else is wrong" rather than just sharing your point of view. I'm not mad at anyone but I did raise my eyebrows reading how "LP SHOULD NOT...." do this or that. And come on, if LP didn't completely let go of their roots, why should we? If you don't like it, fine but, let us like it. I like every song throughout their whole career and after reading the article, I think this album's gonna be AWESOME.

- We shouldn't get too aggresive or literal on this, it's not like Mike gave away much information, just hints, and if there's a mix of "old-new", how much, in what way? We still don't know so I think it's better to save this information and wait for the real deal, but yeah, we LP fans speculate a lot, because LP made us used to it with all the riddling and stuff before every album.

So chill out people! .. I'm gonna sit back and wait for more news to come up, I'm really pumped about it, if you're looking forward to it, great and if you have any doubts, just wait and give it a chance, like we all did with ATS.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

The different version of albums show what true fans they have. To be a true fan, one souldn't keep raining on their parade when they do a new album that is totally different from the last one. You need to remember, they are proud of all they do for us so accept them for who there are!

........now if you can, help me off my silly soap box, lol! :sweating:

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

You're right. As much as I love ATS and think it kicks the ass out of every musical album that's out there, I still love spinning Hybrid Theory and Meteora (which I actually used to like quite a bit more than HT...blasphemy, I know!). All their music has been good to different degrees and I say we just embrace the new album together despite our differences! :p

-NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

Back in 2009, Mike described ATS as a mix between M2M and HT (don't remember the source)... So I don't really trust this interview, I mean the best thing to do is wait for the album.

Anyway, I'll like this new album if "the catalyst" is not a part of it. I really liked ATS but this was terrible, as a song and as a single.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

A mix of old and new could mean anything at this point. When it comes to Linkin Park's music, I've come to expect the unexpected. For all we know, it could be an all new sound that is mixing "older" sounds from past albums and the more experimental elements of A Thousand Suns. Like everyone else, I am also taking this with a grain of salt.

I have faith that the music will be good and I can't wait to judge for myself.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

2009 is the year of I Have Not Begun demo, and that fit a lot the describtion he gave back then. Only ATS was maybe far more behind in process than now is with the new album. He seems to be like confirming they are working faster than in the past. With more inspiration you gain also more certaincy on what you're gonna do because your vision is nitid, even if extremely open.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Hybrid (noun): A thing made by combining two different elements; a mixture.

Hybrid Theory Part III.

:trollface:

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

When looking at this from a different perspective, it could mean that we get songs like Wretches and Kings. Wretches and Kings featured Mike's rapping and Chester's chorus, like previous Linkin Park songs, while also incorporating new sounds such as the heavily mixed and edited guitar samples. Even When They Come For Me could fit into this category of old and new.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

There you go.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

This is interesting... We'll have to wait...

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

WELCOME TO LPA! :D

Gretchen LinkinPark

Gretchen LinkinPark New Member

that seems out perrfeect ,, shit can't wait anymore ... LP FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Oh the album hype just fuckin hit. Shits on now. And I personally see nothing wrong with small elements leaking into the new music. I expected it really. The doors have been blown off and i just expect great music that doesn't fit any expectations or genres. Even ATS you could really throw it into a genre. The most exciting part I think is them touching on specific social issues. :D I'm giddy like a little school girl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.