Jade Empire

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Link, Apr 4, 2005.

Link

Link lolwut

[​IMG]

Any Xbox owners out there getting hyped for this game? RPG lovers will... uh... love this game. Okay, so maybe I'm not the best with words. Here's Gamespot's final impressions from the full version of the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/jadeempir...ew_6121495.html
    So if you didn't know about it before, you do now. Anyone excited?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I didn't really know much about it before I read that article. Now I'm interested.

Link

Link lolwut

See? That's how these things get started. Soon, JE will be the official game of the LPA. Or I could just go to bed.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Bioware rules. Hopefully they'll completely finish Jade Empire's distinct features, in lieu of Lionhead's failure with Fable. Shaping to be the best RPG on XBOX to date.

Link

Link lolwut

Just a few days until release. Anyone getting it the first day it's available? I'd pre-order it, but I don't want another disaster where everyone has it before me because the store I ordered it from chooses shitty shipping companies.

If you do pre-order it, you get the LE version that has an extra character with a special weapon, and some DVD with bonus content.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The UK release isn't until next month. :'(
    On the other hand, at least we get the LE version.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

that game looks sooooo awesome

Link

Link lolwut

IGN GAVE IT A 9.9!!!

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/602/602787p1.html

And screw the score. It's a 6 PAGE review telling why it deserves a 9.9! So according to IGN's score, this is tied for the best game of this generation with GTA:SA.

Bioware have confirmed themselves as the best gamemakers in the business. Better then SquareEnix, better then R*, and in this generation, even better then Nintendo.

I am telling every Xbox owner here to get this while it's hot so no one ruins the plot for you before you play it. If you own an Xbox, and don't buy this game, I will beat you with something squishy yet firm.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Bioware Owns me.

Yes, with a capital O.

I wish I had X-Box though... so I could play it.

I'll just have to wait for either A) It comes out for PC (which I highly doubt :( ) or B) my harddrive to free up so I can D/L it.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

DAMN! IGN usually despises XBOX games, Jade Empire tore down a castle wall to get that score.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I wouldn't say better than R*. They have released one killer game. R* have released 5 or more.

Link

Link lolwut

I wouldn't say better than R*. They have released one killer game. R* have released 5 or more. [/b][/quote]
    Bioware:
    KotOR (got GotY)
    Baldur's Gate
    Neverwinter Nights
    Jade Empire(leading candidate for 2005 GotY)

So Bioware is really on their way. On the other hand, R*. They have the GTA games, and nothing else they make is worth two shits. Midnight Club 2 sucked, I don't know about MC3 yet. Manhunt sucked. So all they have that's really great is GTA. Bioware has proven that they can make excellent games in more then one series.

And Tempest, yes, I agree. JE must have tore the roof off to get this score. I can't wait to be playing it.