January 15, 2015 - Orlando, FL

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jan 15, 2015.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Uh huh

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

So uh that new place for my head intro is pretty sweet.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa I can agree with all but two of those suggestions. The new What I've Done solo is fantastic and you can't cut out my favorite song from the Setlist!!!! Waiting for the End must stay!!!!!!!!

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

holy shit!!You're right!!

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Woah, Waiting for the end and WID are great live. What about getting rid of HT stuff they've been playing for so many years huh?

Runaway and papercut don't even sound that good.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I know I'm really pissed by the stupid set changes, but Chester absolutely nailed it. Hands down the absolute best performance of Final Masquerade. It flows even better than the album version. Impressive delivery. APFMH was another favorite, flawless. Would REALLY like a DSP of this.

[video=youtube;3mZYTXkT2tE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZYTXkT2tE[/video]

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Wow. That was a really good performance from Chester. Almost perfect. And I love how the crowd really got into the song towards the end. You can hear them clearly singing along.

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This shoukd be their set list:

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Somewhere I Belong
    04. Keys To The Kingdom
    05. All For Nothing
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Rebellion
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands transition)
    10.Wastelands
    11. In My Remains
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Drawbar
    14. Final Masquerade
    15. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2)
    16. Powerless
    17. When They Come For Me
    18. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro, Numb/Encore Outro)
    19. In The End
    20. Faint (Extended Outro)
    21. A Line In The Sand
    --------------------------------
    22. A Place For My Head
    23. Until It's Gone
    24. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    25. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

9 The Hunting Party songs
    2 Living Things songs
    3 A Thousand Suns songs
    4 Minutes To Midnight songs
    3 Meteora songs
    4 Hybrid Theory songs

This would be a The Hunting Party set list IMO

LohithMohan

If only.
    At this point, we would be really lucky if they play all 6 (the THP songs they have performed already + 1 new song) in one single set. If they add a new song, I really think they will remove a few other THP songs.
    And you really think they will play Powerless this tour when they didn't bother playing it during LT's cycle?

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

"From the Inside" and "A Place for My Head" have their major tour debuts this year, so it's understandable.

But cutting Until It's Gone and Rebellion is just freaking ridiculous. And how is "Crawling" still there????

Danimar79

Danimar79 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah i know, that was kind of a stretch, but i really wanted to take BID out of the set

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I think Danimar's set is pretty cool, totally plausible except for powerless. No way the band will do it though :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not to play devil's advocate here because everyone seems to be mad that they're playing the hits or fan favorites, but has anyone forgotten that some of these venues haven't seen the band since the Meteora days or potentially longer? While some of you may have seen this show or already or gone to a show that had this setlist, there are some fans who didn't even get to hear them perform MTM, ATS or even LIVING THINGS songs live in person. There may very well have been some fans at that show that night who were seeing 80% of the songs played live for the first time. It's just something to think about. My first Linkin Park concert was in 2007, despite being a fan since 2000, which means I didn't get a chance to see some of the now retired old songs played live back in the day.

I see the silliness in doing a tour to promote an album and then not playing really any songs from said album, but you also have a band who has been around for nearly 20 years (with at least 15 of those spent in the mainstream) who have a lot of hits and charted singles. Virtually any show now is going to be a 'greatest hits' setlist, because the band has had that many successful or fan favorite songs. Short of just playing Xero and Hybrid Theory demos, and b-sides for a whole night...there's really no way around it.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

i bet Tim said to Chester, that 3 songs from a new album are enough :kappa:

LohithMohan

I'd usually side with you Derek, but if you are gonna have a tour called "The Hunting Party" tour, then you need to play more songs off "The Hunting Party". At the very least, don't remove 2 songs from that very album that you have constantly been playing before. I get that some of these people haven't seen LP but that's all the more reason why LP should focus equally on spreading their new music.
    Play the hits. I'm not against playing Crawling or Numb or whatnot but you gotta focus on the new record also. 3 songs is way too less. Like I said, they at least shouldn't have cut the other 2 songs out.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

I was under the impression they created The Hunting Party partly as a way to inject new energy and life into their live shows.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Papercut sounds great, they should keep that. But why are they even playing Runaway? It's one of their worst songs in their entire discography.

This too. I'm not bothered by the fact that they're choosing to play a lot of their hits. But some of these songs that they're playing are some of the worst they've ever written and sound terrible live. Why not just replace Runaway and Crawling with A Place For My Head and From The Inside? Or just rotate what hits you play live so that way fans can still enjoy songs coming from the new album.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

:lol:

THIS. I was arguing this in the shoutbox the other day. This tour was designed to go to places the band does not go to very often. A lot of places they haven't been too since around 2004. 95% of the people at these shows were probably not at the last tour where the setlist was almost the same. It's like, because we are spoiled to know the setlist every time they preform, that we forgot about other people's reality.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

So what you want to say is, that other people dont know the set ? :leo:

:lol:

But seriously, that the set is the same i can accept, but i think its a shame that they put Rebellion out of the set, one of the most powerful songs on THP.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

No. When you constantly say during many interviews that one of the reasons for the direction of the new album is that you want to be seen as creative and willing to take chances, that you have also composed these tracks for the one of the purposes of being able to be performed live, you can not then use the excuse that you have to play "the hits", in exchange for a more welcomed setlist, furthermore, removing the new songs that you have decided to play just is beyond stupid. It's pretty much hypocritical for them to suggest that they want to do such specific things and then outright negate them.

Sorry, there just isn't an excuse for it.

ATS setlist cycle was much more daring and creative. I know people are tired of things always being compared to ATS but it's true, they were less afraid to do many things during that era. How many Safe songs are on ATS? How many safe songs did they play live? Not even the first single was "safe". Everything about the THP is the opposite of what they set out to achive, especially the setlists.

They should change the name of the tour because from what I can tell it is not a tour to promote their latest album but instead a tour to appease their older fans.