January 15, 2015 - Orlando, FL

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jan 15, 2015.

1. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Linkin Park have been using pro-tools and stuff since like 2000 :lol:

Like that drpdrp guy said, ATS isn't where they suddenly called it a day or something. That cool drum intro in wastelands, Mike came up with it(Read the Rob Bourdon magazine interview they did recently), Mike has always been into that kinda stuff, Joe is a DJ for god's sake and if remember, Brad also got into programming over his guitarz. That's the deal, they've always had an electronic side to them. Sure, Rob played all the drums on THP but Mike did come up with stuff and he probably did it on a computer so THP isn't as pure as you think it is. Infact, I think for Final Masquerade, Mike tried to create drum loops(?) but it didn't fit and that's when Mike had Rob try stuff.

I actually don't like that though, but that's true.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Linkin Park never choose how people might react to their work. They don't force anyone to react a certain way. That's entirely down to the listener.

The band knows that there will be some negative reactions regardless of what they made. Even your precious "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora" saw an endless number of detractors and people who didn't like that sound.

3. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

There's programmed drums in All for Nothing, I know that for sure.