Jetblue Airplane In Trouble

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Canadian Joe, Sep 22, 2005.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

CNN and Fox are reporting that a Jetblue A320 is in trouble in Long Beach. It's circling with what the news is calling "jammed gear" - in fact, it appears that the nose gear has locked at 90 degrees off center and refuses to raise up or turn at all. Methinks the turning hydraulics are either dead or stuck in some way...either way, it's burning fuel (the A320 has no dump system) over the ocean right now, and will return to either Long Beach or Ontario :eek: 145 pax onboard.

My thoughts are with them... :unsure:

Edit: Would probably help if I stuck in the news link :p

xero theory

xero theory Banned

i live in ontario... i hope it does not hit me

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It has landed successfully in LAX. The pilot and co-pilot did an excellent job.

*claps*

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

phew.. i was pretty worried when the wheels started to catch on fire

Canadian Joe

They did a great job keeping the nose up - something that's hard to do on the A32X series, as it has a fly-by-wire interrupt system that'll force out any stall-worthy inputs - even if the aircraft is on the ground. Marvelous flying :thumbsup:

Anyways, good to see that everybody's safe...and the NLG didn't even collapse! So much for the "structural-concern-with-Airbus" crap ;)

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

all these plane crashes are just stupid.
    if the mechanics what to fix a plane right, they should fix it the right way.

Canadian Joe

<_<

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

unfortunately we dont live in a perfect world.

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

unfortunately we dont live in a perfect world. [/b][/quote]
    exactly.
    that pisses me off so much.
    people that neglect to bolt a few more things together dont which results in thousands of deaths.

Canadian Joe

exactly.
    people that neglect to bolt a few more things together dont which results in thousands of deaths. [/b][/quote]
    Umm...

They're not neglecting anything. Things happen, and unfortunately something happened today. It's nobody's 'fault', just something can physically can and did go wrong. Airplanes have thousands of moving parts, and nothing's perfect... I say this knowing that jetBlue's maintainance is done about ten miles away from where I live (it's a contract with Air Canada), and the guys there are more than competent.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Umm...

They're not neglecting anything. Things happen, and unfortunately something happened today. It's nobody's 'fault', just something can physically can and did go wrong. Airplanes have thousands of moving parts, and nothing's perfect... I say this knowing that jetBlue's maintainance is done about ten miles away from where I live (it's a contract with Air Canada), and the guys there are more than competent. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. The professional mechanics who spend days, months, and years fixing planes and preparing them for even one single flight never neglect anything. Even if it is a small bolt. Don't blame crashes on the mechanics. They are the best at they're job.

And yes, things happen. Some things have unfortunate consequences. It's life, and unfortunately we have to live with it.

Don't point fingers so quickly. There always three pointing back at you.

Canadian Joe

Exactly. The professional mechanics who spend days, months, and years fixing planes and preparing them for even one single flight never neglect anything. Even if it is a small bolt. Don't blame crashes on the mechanics. They are the best at they're job.

And yes, things happen. Some things have unfortunate consequences. It's life, and unfortunately we have to live with it.

Don't point fingers so quickly. There always three pointing back at you. [/b][/quote]
    Not to mention that I know quite a few of them too, many of whom performed maintainance on this exact plane. The planes go through a flight test every time they leave maintainance, and rest assured, they won't let it leave unless it's good. Everything gets tested. Even the toilets. If you can't shit without the toilet working, the 'plane won't leave.

Side note: I've been aboard this exact plane before, it was in MX about three weeks ago for an overnight stop. We see JBU A320s all the time here in Winnipeg...

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

exactly.
    people that neglect to bolt a few more things together dont which results in thousands of deaths. [/b][/quote]
    shit happens. i doubt the mechanics are neglecting a thing. As stated, when you're dealing with a plane that has tens of thousands of moving parts, its impossible to make sure every little thing is working properly. Its just a chance you gotta take.

speaking of shit happening:
    Who's able to shit on a plane? Every crapper I've been in on a plane barley has enough room for standing :lol:

Canadian Joe

shit happens. i doubt the mechanics are neglecting a thing. As stated, when you're dealing with a plane that has tens of thousands of moving parts, its impossible to make sure every little thing is working properly. Its just a chance you gotta take.

speaking of shit happening:
    Who's able to shit on a plane? Every crapper I've been in on a plane barley has enough room for standing :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Well, that's because the RJs that most American airlines are migrating to lately are pretty much flying tin cans. Except the CRJ, the fine Canadian product ;)

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Shit does happen. There's an infinite number of possible accidents and you can't figure out all of them... You just gotta deal with the situation those incidents put you in and find the best way out.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

exactly.
    Start a little at a time.

Once you fix your spelling mistakes, the mechanics what to fix a plane right would fix it the right way.

That pisses me off so much.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

heh. American Airlines should be fined for forcing people to use such a tiny john :lol:

In retaliation, I used my iPod during both takeoff and landing. Take that AA! :shifty: