Joaquin Phoenix: actor turned rapper?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Christopher, Jan 20, 2009.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Interview Oct 2008

An interview where, it seems for the first time, he speaks about quitting acting to pursue a career in music.

It's all very scary, esspecially when you watch this more recent video, where you see Joaquin Phoenix rapping on stage at some sort of event. He does fall of the stage later on too.

[youtube]289P2fz77Ko[/youtube]

I like him a lot as an actor, but this just seems awfully wrong to me, he looks pretty messed up.

Thoughts?

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Ahh....That was just terrible.

gah...I'm gonna go get more entertainment from watching my dog sit and wag his tail.

Chris Tucker

Chris Tucker Banned

I heard he's scaring his family, doing drugs, just being a complete tool - and for what reason? He wasn't in the greatest movies, he's not the greatest actor - but he's not bad either... :/

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Possibly a few screws loose in the noggin'? I read on wiki that he was subject to a severe car crash. Could his current shenanigans be the result of that?

Hell, I suffered two concussions in high school years, and I am fully aware that there's something up with my reaction-time, train of thought, attentiveness, and hand-eye coordination.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Let's hope he doesn't end up like River.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

River was really unlucky to be honest he wouldnt have died if he got on the stage at the club with Flea to be honest (coz after he could not get to play the show at the club he went to the club toilet to shoot a fastball and died as a result). Anyway, i doubt joaquin would, he seems pretty ok so far

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Exactly.

Although, fastballs seem pretty 80's/90's, I still don't understand them. Seems to me you're going to kill yourself eventually if you do them.

No offense, but that makes it a choice and I guess, he made a "concious" choice to do drugs and to do a fastball, hence to die.

I really do enjoy Joaquin Phoenix as an actor, I think he's great.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

After finding out more about this I am pretty certain it's just a really big put on. It seems too cliched, in a really OTT way, to be true. If I'm right he's gone miles higher in my estimation, and if I'm wrong and he's having genuine problems he has my sympathy and support.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, it's quite hard to tell at the moment and I'm not really sure. I did find his appearance on Letterman funny though, haha.