John Ritter (1948-2003)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, Sep 13, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Personally, I'm crushed about the sudden death of John Ritter. He was one of my favourite actors of the past few years since I started really getting into movies and sitcoms and things like that. He was an excellent comedian and an awesome actor, and I'm really going to miss his work. In case you didn't know, I'll fill you in. John played the character of Jack Tripper on one of the most popular sitcoms of all-time, Three's Company. He also played Paul Hennessy on the increasingly popular sitcom 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter. Apparently, during a filming of a new episode for the show 8 Simple Rules, John collapsed and the cause was unknown. It was later discovered that he had a flaw in his aorta, causing a stroke. It was too late to save him after the problem was diagnosed. John will truly be missed.

<div align=center>[​IMG]
    J<span style='color:white'>_o_h_n__R_i_t_t_e_r
    [_1 9 4 8_-_2 0 0 3_]
    </span></div>

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

*shakes head* All these awesome celebrities are just dying away. I don't know what to say about it anymore. I was talking to my mom about Johnny Cash and all of a sudden she went "Yeah and John Ritter died today too." and I just couldn't believe it.

I still cant believe it man. John Ritter was an amazing guy. Well, as corny as this sounds, now he'll just be making them laugh up there like he did for us so long down here :).

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

I just found out about it when I looked at Will's sig. I thought this guy was hilarious, and it was so sad that he passed away.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Its happening... Where we start to grow up and everyone we are used to seeing on TV and everywhere else are dying. Its sad. I'll say this for Mr. Ritter and Mr. Cash - They made people better enjoy their lives and will truly be missed. :'(

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Johnny Cash isn't dead. He was just released from hospital.

John Ritter was an amazing comedian. I remember one time when he was on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. He had me in knots the whole interview. I only caught a few episodes of 8 Simple Rules, but I loved it, and I think he was a great actor. I found out on the way home from school today because my friend told me. It's really terrible to see such a great career spanning a decade end so tragically and suddenly. Rest in Peace, Mr. Ritter.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Johnny Cash IS dead Mark, it's been all over the news. He was released from the hospital because they knew he was going to die. He was 71 years old, he had little chance of living.

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

I was shocked to hear the news that he died. It was this morning before I left for school, and I know this sounds corny/stupid, but it really did crush me for the whole of today. Three's Company is definitely a great show, and so is 8 Simple Rules. John Ritter was a really funny man and he will definitely be greatly missed. I still just can't believe it. :(

Magick

Magick Ambient

It's a tragedy that this happened; he seemed like such a sweet guy. R.I.P.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Johnny Cash IS dead Mark, it's been all over the news. He was released from the hospital because they knew he was going to die. He was 71 years old, he had little chance of living. [/b][/quote]
    oh ####. that's terrible.

it must've happened late last night/today? i haven't watched the news in the last 24 hours.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Damn, I can't believe he's gone... I thought he'd be around for more years than this :(.

I'm a little depressed about Johnny Cash's death, too. Damn those pop bands and sh*t stole all of what should have been Cash's awards at the VMA :unsure:.

*sigh* I dislike death... I'm still shocked about hearing that they've passed on :\.

dlpalex

dlpalex Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe it until I read it again. I am so sad. John Ritter was very funny and cool. I like him on Three's Company. I am so upset. He will be so missed. I really liked him a lot. R.I.P. John.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I first heard John Ritter died on the way to school this morning on the radio. Shortly after, I heard Johnny Cash died. I was very hurt. I really couldn't believe it. I'll miss them.

R.I.P.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

the one movie with the satellite dish. i love watching that movie. always thought it'd be cool to get sucked into an old west shoot-em-up movie.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

My friend told me a lie about how he died (so what do you do? you shake your head and ignore them for the rest of the night...) and I almost thought that he was joking about him dying...until I read this thread. All I have to say is rest in peace. *lights 2 candles, one for john ritter and one for johnny cash*

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

When I heard Cash died yesterday, I was like "Yeah... Wait a minute, holy sh--." I was also pretty shocked while I was walking home with a friend to hear that Ritter died as well.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I only just found out about it now. Wow. :mellow:

LP43v3r

LP43v3r Well-Known Member

Yeha i haerd on Entertainment Today that tehy both passed away. It's really sad. :(