Jun 10, 2014 - Milan, Italy - Alfa Romeo City Sound Festival

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Jun 10, 2014.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

After their always-amazing shows at the Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park festivals in Germany, Linkin Park make their way to Italy tonight to headline the Alfa Romeo City Sound Festival with Chicago's very own Fall Out Boy. This will be the first time Linkin Park has played in Italy since the 2011 World Tour for A Thousand Suns. Milan has played host to Linkin Park 3 times before playing tonight; however, Linkin Park has not performed there since the LP Underground Tour in 2003 where they held concerts at relatively small, intimate venues all over the world.

Much like they did in 2011 for the concerts in St. Paul, Minnesota and Chicago, Illinois, where they requested that fans documented their day and the Waiting For The End performance, Linkin Park has requested from the fans attending the Milan show to record Until It's Gone so the footage can be used in an up-coming live music video.

[youtube]yZiM3P7Bw-w[/youtube]​

This information is particularly interesting because there might, key word "might," be as DSP for the show. Below is the English-translated press release for this event, however, if you wanted to see the original, full press release, visit LPItaly

Who's excited!? Are you attending? Stop by our forums and let's talk about it!

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I bet it's going to be the official video for the song. :)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

None of that really implies that there'll be a DSP, in my opinion

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Can someone please explain to me what DSP means?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

DSP stands for "Digital Souvenir Package". Basically, it was literally a digital souvenir of the show that you could opt to purchase with your show ticket; later on, you'd receive a code in your email inbox a few days after the show you attended and, with that code, you could download your DSP from linkinpark.com once it was ready. Here's an excerpt from a press release-type thing found in one of the tour programs from 2008:

The band first started releasing souvenir packages during the Projekt Revolution 2007 tour, and they were last available for South Africa shows in November of 2012. Because the band played shows at the rate that they did while on tour, each live recording was hurriedly mixed night after night so that they could be released on schedule - the result being that, for professionally-recorded-and-mixed live tracks, they sounded okay at best. And, despite how "Linkin Park rapper/producer Mike Shinoda" up there makes it sound, DSPs would usually arrived days or even weeks after the show. In some cases, due to disagreements with venues or whatever, DSPs for certain shows did not see the light of day for some years after they were recorded.

Right now, all of the released DSP recordings are available for $9.99 each at downloads.linkinpark.com.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Cool, thanks! :)

BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

When we filmed Waiting for the end it already had a music video so im curious if its going to be like Given Up using the single version.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If I'm not mistaken, I think Patrick is going to be giving Chester RELIVING THINGS in professional CD format today. That will be cool!

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

good to see my footage on that WFTE video ;)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

We need a video of it.

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Patrick Stump? Why would he give Chester RELIVING THINGS?

Derek

No lol. Our Patrick. Cypher. The remixer.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

This lucky b****** :lol: Thats nice :)

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Awwww yeah! He told me about that last wek, and I'm just fkn stoked to find out where that goes... :D

Derek

Yeah I feel bad, I was supposed to give him a quote to use in the packaging but with THP I had no time :lol:. I'm still confident the end product was boss-like though. Patrick, you have to let us know how it went!

Reflectionist

^ Couldn't you have just picked one out from the thread? I'm not sure what you mean by 'quote' ..Like a preface?

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hey guys, soooooo.....
    Unfortunately...there are some bad news. I traveled to my girlfriend (who also lives in Italy for those who doesnt know) on 9th June. So at the next day we wanted to travel to Milan with a Concert Bus Organisation called Eventi In Bus. So evertything went fine until we basically needed to make a surprised Police Drug Check or whatever this is called AND we made an non-mentioned Bus Stop at a gas station / rest place.
    So we arrived like 1:15h later and we missed the time for the Meet and greet. So... this is how it went.
    All in once, the concert was still f*cking awesome and hey just to mention - Chester just gave a damn real good and solid run in this concert.

PS: The Hip Hop Medley is awesome live, just saying.
    [Also the other medley - quote by my Girlfriend (she is forcing me to write it over here '_' ^^"]

I hope you find a lot of footage and stuff and have fun with THP :)

- Patrick

Reflectionist

Shit happens. Its cool.

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

hey guys, i was in the PIT. The show was awesome! GATS live is Incredible. Hope you guys see them this year because they're fucking Amazing!