June 15, 2017 - Krakow, Poland | Impact Festival 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jun 15, 2017.

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong in what he said. People have been calling them sell outs and complaining about their sound ever since MTM. It gets boring to read/listen to the same stuff so they intentionally let some fans go. What's wrong with that sentence?
    And for the record, of course they should play both old and new stuff. If they didn't why should we bother going to the concert? I want to hear how they sound live and it's always a great experience to watch them live (so they say, I've only been once).

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I think it's generally accepted that we just disregard anything Mike said in 2014 tbh :halfkappa:

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

People have been complaining since HT lol when one step closer came out as a single everyone thought they were this metal band than when in the end came out ppl starting complaing because it didn't sound like one step closer and called them sell outs. same thing with Meteora, when SIB came out ppl complained cuz it didn't sound exactly like in the end. So this has been going on for the last 17 years it's nothing new.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Shinoda literally just meant that the band wouldn't make "Meteora" over and over again. Making different types of music doesn't mean the band deliberately pushed any fans away, that's a stupid way to frame it. It means that they accepted the idea that they might lose and gain fans as their career goes on, instead of trying desperately trying to recapture the early 2000s and hold on to that one subset of fans.

It's just that people's egos are so fragile (they like nu-metal, it so happens) that LP switching up their style is a personal betrayal and proof that the band hates them.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

LP has stated that they never really wanted to consider themselves as Nu metal numerous times. Nu metal sucks. I always viewed LP as a hybrid band from the start which they are and experimental but of course with experimental comes trial and error. Some experiments work and some don't, and imo OML doesn't work along with some of the stuff from LT. But atleast they have a creative mind. But I guess I'm more of a fan to heavy side of LP since I like heavy music and this is where the fan base is divided.