June 25, 2017 - Neuhausen Ob Eck, Germany | Southside Festival 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jun 25, 2017.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Last night Linkin Park played at Southsides sister festival, Hurricane, where they brought back songs like Nobody Can Save Me and Points of Authority. The latter of songs is in the rotation spot with A Place For My Head, From the Inside, and Somewhere I Belong. Nobody Can Save Me is rotated with Battle Symphony. Mike also rotates verses he raps over the outro on Castle of Glass. He usually does A Place For My Head or It's Goin Down. Somehow, there is currently no videos from Hurricane up on YouTube, when searching you only get a bunch of fake livestreams. So until some gets uploaded you're left with this crazy performance of Faint from two shows ago in Madrid

At this point in the tour, with only six shows left after this one, the songs that we will hear seems pretty established. Now it's more about rotation. As mentioned earlier, the band rotates A Place For My Head, From the Inside, Points of Authority, and Somewhere I Belong in the same spot. You'd think that one would be able to deduce what song would be played tonight from looking at the earlier setlists, but the band keeps throwing curve balls and repeats songs or just jumps around in the rotation. So if I'd have to guess ... tonight gets ... From the Inside.

Not like that's a bad thing!​

This show will be livestreamed, so make sure to tune in. The show starts at 10:30PM local time, but for those not in Germany, here's a countdown link.

Are you going to the show? Well... In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet/facebook/instagram pictures to us (we're "LPAssociation" on all those sites) if you meet some other members.

So, are you going to this show? What do you think the band will play? Come and discuss in our forums.

Remaining shows on the European Tour:
    Jun 27, 2017 - Sopron, Hungary, Telekom VOLT Festival
    Jun 29, 2017 - Norrköping, Sweden, Bråvalla Festival
    Jul 01, 2017 - Werchter, Belgium, Rock Werchter 2017
    Jul 03, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 04, 2017 - London, UK, One More Light World Tour
    Jul 06, 2017 - Birmingham, UK, One More Light World Tour

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

It was fantastic :)
    LOATR live version is so good :wub:

Kevin likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

They sounded so good today! The Stream was fantastic, I hope another stream shows up in the near future :D

Kevin, blackout. and Sasuke like this.
    Kevin

Blake and minuteforce like this.
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Damn, I hope a video of the stream goes up sometime

Kevin likes this.
    Kevin

Zane likes this.
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

That stream was so good. And what bothered me about most of these that I felt the OML songs were actually awesome. I bawled my eyes out during the title track. Then I listened to the album again (in hopes it finally clicked for me), still nothing.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

There is a certain confidence when the band performs Heavy especially from Chester. Its the "I don't care what you think about this song, I'm gonna perform my heart out" attitude he seems to have. I love it.
    This was a really good show. It's amazing how loud the crowd is even for the newer songs. It's been this way all tour.

Blake, brady and Sasuke like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Cant believe there are people out there who complain about the "Circle Of Hug" :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Nu-metal fans should feel grateful that the band gives them so much to bitch about, since that's their favourite thing to do.

HybridT and Sasuke like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

The funny thing is: Even harder bands do such stuff. Maybe not so often but this is still a thing at metal/rock concerts, doesnt have anything to do with "pussies" etc...

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I watched the live stream last night on my PS4, worked perfectly and it was nice watching a stream without any interruptions or constant buffering of the video. The picture/footage was of high quality and the sound was great throughout.

I have to commend the German fans last night, they were awesome and cheered and applauded every song and seemed into everything. Was a great visual seeing Chester sing in the crowd and the people were going crazy, screaming wildly and it was an awesome moment seeing that man sing Crawling with Chester and completely marking out.

There were also some really funny moments, like Chester telling that fan "thanks for putting up with me having my knee if your face", or when he tried to get up on the barrier and said "I'll try and climb up here without ripping my pants" and then showed said pants to Phoenix later on, haha. Also laughed when the crowd were out of sync on In The End and Mike just laughed, still they did well.

Chester sang his heart out yet again during this performance and was on point with pretty much all of the songs (I personally think he sang New Divide really well and has done a good job singing that track this tour cycle) and his screams were great. Loved the up-close views we got of everyone, great camera work and you could see what each band member was doing on certain songs. I was also surprised to see Faint as the closing track, I love Bleed It Out but it was nice for a change and Faint is a great uptempo song to finish a solid set. Overall, a really fantastic show, only 10 more sleeps until I get to see Linkin Park live, oh yeah!

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

I was watching the Frank Turner Southside stream on Saturday and he did the same. Since the world is already full of hate he told people to do a wall of hugs. :D

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I hate how they perform In The End now. What is with the super long pause? Just to hear the fans sing? Super corny. Just play the song. And it's also not even performed in full. The band's biggest hit of all time should be played in full. Also, why does Chester say literally just ''thank you'' super loudly after every single song? Remember when the band used to talk with the crowd in between songs? Each show would have it's own unique banter, etc.

Blake and Benny like this.
    Kevin

You're literally the only person I've seen to complain about this.

Sasuke likes this.
    zendesur

zendesur Member

So this was my second time seeing them and it was awesome. I´m still flashed by that weekend and especially Linkin Park of course.
    When Bleed it Out started I was 100% sure it´s their last song (As always). I realized Faint was missing but thought it was dropped from the set list for some reason. So for me that was a huge surprise and made the show even more unique. After the show me and my friends could barley walk cause it was so exhausting (another sign it was a good show I suppose haha).

Another thing I want to mention is that in the first half of the show one or two people were standing besides me who facepalmed themselves at every new song (even at WFTE lol) and said things like "Chester what´s wrong with you". To cut a long story short they left in the middle of the set (I believe when the piano version of crawling started) and missed a bunch of awesome tracks.

And if someone´s interested, the people around me all sang along to Heavy what made me happy because they seemed to respect their new music and at least gave it a chance to make the atomsphere better.

Blake likes this.
    Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I mean, that's great if people like it. I'm not going to see the band live anyways so I don't really care. It was just strange to me to have such a large pause in a song that isn't challenging to perform for them, vocally or instrumentally. I assumed it was so they could hear the crowd sing along, but when I watched the video, it didn't seem that way. I've just never seen a band take that dramatic of a pause in the middle of a song before, that's all I was saying.

Kevin

They've been doing it on pretty much all shows this touring cycle, it's absolutely so that the crowd can sing.