Jurassic World (2015)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Joesen One, Nov 25, 2014.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

The trailer for the movie is out. The movie stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D'Onofrio, B.D. Wong and Irrfan Khan, directed by Colin Trevorrow and featuring executive producer Steven Spielberg.

[video=youtube;RFinNxS5KN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4[/video]

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I haven't seen the full trailer yet, only the 'preview' of the trailer (I also can't watch it now due to work blocking YT), but I told someone that I feel the dinosaurs in this trailer look less realistic than they did over 20 years ago. However, the movie isn't out for a while and there is probably a lot of polishing that will be done so I'm reserving judgement.

I did like the use of the original score. I thought that was a great touch.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Sooo friggin' good. HYPE.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

waaaaaaaaaatttt... that was awesome

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

All aboard the hype train! Woo-Woo!!!!

As I just said in the shoutbox... This was a great decision to release the trailer early instead of waiting until Thursday. Especially with the new Star Wars trailer being released on Friday. It gives us time to digest this one and get excited for it instead of having it be overshadowed by the new Star Wars trailer.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

HYPE. SO MUCH HYPE!!!!

It's interesting to see that Chris Pratt's role will be more of a dramatic one. Hopefully he does great.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I can see this movie being a fun ride. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

What I find funny and interesting is that, apparently, these raptors runing around Chris Pratt's character (who's riding a motorcycle) don't give a single fuck about him... Are they tame or what? lol

Hybrid

Either trained or are more focused on killing the Hybridinosaurus Rex.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Or escaping it.
    Also, oh just because you have Hybrid in your name you think it will be named after you? Pfft, get out of here! :kappa:

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

chris pratt>>>>

this looks amazing. better than i expected, at least from what i can see in the trailer. really excited for this.

Hybrid

Also, the fact that Tim told me that I would be a dead ringer for Chris Pratt if I grow out a beard should also give me points. :awesome:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

It looks more like they're trained, given the fact that they were released from cages. Plus Chris Pratt's role is a dinosaur trainer.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

So much for the hype of practical pieces over CGI.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Interesting!

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

The final movie is probably rendering for a few more months still. All the CGI in the trailer is probably a couple notches below what the final product will look like.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Pretty good trailer. And yes, they still have 6 or 7 months of post-production work to do, including CGI.

For anyone who doesn't know, the basic set-up is the Park has been up and running for about 10 years, no incidents. It was acquired from InGen (the main company in the previous films) by a new company called Masrani Corporation. Over that time the novelty of Dinosaurs starts wearing off, so company shareholders push scientists to create something bigger, badder & scarier to keep the crowds interested - D-Rex is born from gene splicing of T-Rex, Raptor & cuttlefish DNA. (Truly in keeping with actual real world Corporations, theme parks, & Hollywood itself, so some nice meta-commentary there.) Then, shit goes wrong.

I'm looking forward to it. The director seems to have a clear vision & a clever, fresh approach to a dead franchise. Reading what he's said about it so far has me cautiously optimistic, and his other film "Safety Not Guaranteed" is really good.

They're definitely trained, I would hesitate to say "tame" though. Like any captive predators humans try to train/tame, (lions, tigers, bears, etc) they're still very dangerous animals and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes wrong eventually.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Taken from a 2010 behind the scenes of Parks and Rec.

[video=youtube;X4mVIJ5eTBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4mVIJ5eTBY[/video]

mindblown.gif

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

The sequel's title has been revealed. The movie will be directed by JA Bayona (A Monster Calls, The Impossible), written by Colin Trevorrow & Derek Connolly, and starring Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jeff Goldblum, BD Wong, Toby Jones, Rafe Spall and James Cromwell.