Just an Idea...

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Louis, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Alright, I have this idea. I don't know if it's going to work, but I think it'd be interesting.

Here's what I'm thinking. Everyone that wants to enters in one of their poems, whichever one they choose. There will be a few judges. I was thinking me (since I came up with the idea), Dedicated, and D_A_V_I_D. I'll see if they want to be judges. Anyway, you guys write your poems here, and we judge them and come up with the top 3. The top 3 will then have to write a poem again, and enter it again. And we will judge which one is the best. The winner will become a judge in the next competition if there is another one. We need to come up with some other award, but anyway...and the remaing top 2 will be recognized.

It's just an idea. If an administrator or some member of staff approves of it, then we're set and I'll probably begin another topic where this competition will begin.

And by the way, judges can enter their own poems, but cannot say that their own is the best. And if a judge wins, then they receive the award when we come up with one. :lol: The next best poem will end up being a judge for the next competition if there is one.

So, don't enter poems until an administrator gives me permission to hold this competition. If it's a stupid idea, then I won't take it personally. I just thought it would be fun.

And I'd also like to know what you guys think of the idea. And if you want to be a judge, then tell me. But right now in my mind, I want David and Dave to be the other two judges. We might need one more, though. We'll see.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I like this idea, so I'm for it. :)

Just let me run this by an admin real quick.

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

Andrea, I have a friend with that name B)
    Anthrea, great name.

heshboy

Oh, and I am for it. I might not enter it the first time, but this sounds great. B)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Doesn't seem like a bad idea but, we'd need to have a judge who isn't biased towards a certain writer.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I think that the poems submitted should shown anonymously. That way, the judges can't be biased towards certain writers and every poem get's a fair rating.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

Agreed, Raj. Anyone who wants to submit could PM their poem to an admin or other third party, who could then post all poems? If anyone else has a better idea, please speak up!

heshboy

I could judge, but I feel I haven’t been here long enough to judge. Then again I don't know everyone here, so I would be a great judge and unbiased. B)

Joe

:thumbsup: I couldn't agree more.

Louis

Alright, alright. So let me mix this up a little.

I'm not necessarily for certain writers. So, I guess instead of me selecting them. I don't know, we have forms you could fill out and maybe qualify? I don't know. Anyone who wants to be a judge, and as according to Derek, is not in favor of a certain person, please say so and I'll see if it can be done. I just want 4 judges.

EDIT: And yes, all the poems would have to be submitted anonymously. The winner will be shown and the person who submitted it will say so and will win the competition.

EDIT 2: In order to have these poems submitted anonymously, we'll have to do this:

Since I'm sort of in control of this, since I came up with it, all poems will be mailed to me anonymously. To make it easier, if you guys could make e-mail addresses which could actually make it easier for me to not find out who is sending it, that'd be great. The poems will be ran by the judges, and so on.

Joe

A few things. I don't know if making a whole seperate E Mail address to send the poems / lyrics to GiriosXeni is a good idea, I mean who can be arsed to create a whole new E Mail address just to send out a piece of writing.

How many entries are we looking at here? Because, ideally we could make this into a poll inwhich people can just vote for what they think is best, but thinking about that, it's probably not a very good idea, as writers could tell other members to vote for them, so scrap that.

This could be handled like the LP: Best Song Tournament Mark is doing. I don't see why we need only four judges, anyone should be welcomed into saying which is their favourite piece of writing. If members post which piece of writing they think is the best, and then the totals are calculated sometime later.

I don't know. This shouldn't really be that hard to organize, all we need to do is see a select few poems in the first post and then people vote for which is their favourite. It's just a case of getting them up there anonymously. Ideally we need a member of staff or anybody who is willing to not vote, so people can send their pieces of writing to them and then they can forward all the poems to GiriosXeni to post, that way GiriosXeni won't know who wrote them, if he's intent on voting.

Louis

You know what, Joe, that's a great idea.

One member of staff who is not willing to vote could just forward them to me and I'll post them up. People can vote for which one they think is the best.

I'm not necessarily going to vote...so, I guess people will send their poem to one or two members of staff, and the forward them to me, so I can begin posting them.

Where would I be without you, Raj?

Joe

You know what, Joe, that's a great idea.

One member of staff who is not willing to vote could just forward them to me and I'll post them up. People can vote for which one they think is the best.

I'm not necessarily going to vote...so, I guess people will send their poem to one or two members of staff, and the forward them to me, so I can begin posting them.

Where would I be without you, Raj? [/b][/quote]
    Haha. Well, all we need now is a member of staff who is willing to accept PM's from forum members with their poems inside. Anyone? :whistle:

Once they have recieved enough poems, I'm not sure how many we're including, they can put all the poems into one post and forward the whole post to GiriosXeni, who will then post it.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

awesome idea,i know i'll be entering

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Nice idea :D

notneo

notneo Well-Known Member

Its a cool idea . Really want to read the stuff . But why dont you keep it simple the first time - sort out the technical stuff later .

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Nice idea. Shall we start it?

Joe

That's the plan, we just need somebody (ideally an admin) to begin accepting PM's with the poems inside, that way, when they have enough, they can forward all the poems in one post to GiriosXeni anonymously.

So the things we need to get this going is:
    • Somebody to accept the PM's with the poems in them.
    • To decide how many entries we are allowing.
    • To decide on how the poems will be voted and rated.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's the plan, we just need somebody (ideally an admin) to begin accepting PM's with the poems inside, that way, when they have enough, they can forward all the poems in one post to GiriosXeni anonymously.

So the things we need to get this going is:
    • Somebody to accept the PM's with the poems in them.
    • To decide how many entries we are allowing.
    • To decide on how the poems will be voted and rated.
    [/b][/quote]
    Well, will somebody fucking step up?
    Has somebody already contacted admins about this? Let's just don't make this similar to never-ending The Best Song Tournament...

I think it should be two entries per person. One isn't enough to show what someody is capable of and three is too much to read.

About rating... Maybe the songs/poems should get 3, 2 and 1 vote for the best, second best and third best (respectively). I don't know, it seems quite simple to me but if someone comes up with a better idea, just say.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

With everyone's permission I could help judge this. I wont show bias and I know all about writing considering I've been writing lyrics for like 3 years and I've been producing alot of poetry etc. I don't see why the judge should be an admin ( :p ) and entries could be sent to my email.

This could be my chance to kind of redeem myself for being a dumbass :lol:

Either that or everyone prepare to face some stiff competition :whistle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.