Just Friends..

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by The_Rising_Tied, Feb 9, 2009.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Ok so honestly.. fuck my life..
    I really dont give a shit bout much anymore, and i dont know wut to do so can someone please help.. so theres this girl and ive liked her for a long time now, and ive been trying so hard to get her. and she completely flirts with me and does everything a girl would do if she liked you. and i confronted her today saying that i like her and she said it would be bad if we ruined our friendship.. n that she said she needs time and that built up this wall n now she doesnt let anyone in cuz shes been hurt too much. and we got into this huge argument, and the last thing she says to me was thanks matt u just lost a friend who u thought didnt care but actually really did.

i dont kno, ive been rejected way to many times in my life right now.. and i dont kno wut to think. if i should keep fighting for her, and i just keep saying to myself.. fuck it. not worth my time..

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

dude no joke
    that happened to be today
    i just broke with my gf for that..it isnt worth bro

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, man, you'd feel at lot worse if you never tried with her.
    I obviously don't know neither you nor her so I can't give you any advice based on your personalities, but I say try some more about her if you really like her. And if you come to feel she really doesn't want to be with you, you'll have to leave her behind and move on. It won't be easy, but fuck it, what's easy in life anyway..
    Good luck :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Sent you a PM. I'm going through the same thing.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I don't know the whole picture but from what I understand you guys had a misunderstanding of some sort. Talk to her and try to resolve the problems. Oh and listen to this song. It might help you through your tough time ;)

[youtube]T6cPoe1UlRs[/youtube]

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I used to be the same way. I would always get rejected. My best advice (and this is going to be blunt) is to just walk away until you walk into something on accident. You gotta put yourself out there without making it obvious you're looking for something and as stupid as it sounds, just be yourself. The way you are around your bro's is the way you gotta be around everybody, male or female, gay or straight, and eventually somone is going to find you appealing. A lot of people see what happens in the movies and that is seriously the wrong way to go about meeting someone or even handling a relationship. It doesn't work like that in the real world.

If a girl is going to fuck with you like that, then she isn't worth your time. I've gone through about 4 or 5 different girls that did the exact same thing to me as you described. They would flirt when around me but then just say they wanted to be friends. I'm not trying to make shit up here, it happens to all of us. It took me a long fucking time to realize I was wasting my time on girls that just weren't into me. If they're not into you from the start then there isn't much you can do about it in the long run.

You'll find someone, and it's going to be when you least expect it and when you're not even paying attention to a girl at all. It'll happen when you can accept yourself and be happy with who you are. Life is too short, don't waste your time with someone who's going to kick you around like a chew toy. I'm, not saying boot her out of your life, be her friend, but if she isn't interested, then it's probably not gonna happen.

I'm not trying to be an asshole. I'm just being straight up. I hope I helped.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

As sucky as it sounds...I think Mike is right. It happened to me too...guys that I thought were into me, but really just wanted a piece of my ass, I pushed and pushed for a relationship because I was so easily swayed by guys that I thought they genuinely liked me. Of course they didn't. They never wanted a relationship, only to flirt with me to make me think that they were interested to get in my pants. A few succeeded, unfortunately. But I learned from it...and what Mike said, the right girl will just come around. She needs to appreciate you for you, and what you have to offer. And I did find that, after I was in sucky relationship after sucky relationship, I found the guy I've been with for the better part of two years. I was myself, and he loves me for me.
    Don't let a girl change who you are. Let her bring out the best qualities of who you are.

You can always PM me if you'd like to talk about anything. Please, feel free. :)

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Well said, Arlene!
    Just be yourself and no doubt something will happen...it might take longer than picking up anyone that catches your fancy but if you are looking for a more meaningful relationship you have to take the time to find the right person. Good luck and don't get down on yourself!

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Don't pressure her. You're ready for a relationship, she might not.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Mike is right. As much as the truth may hurt, it's best to hear it straight up. He's not making things up, either. I've gone through similar situations to you quite a few times before, and while originally they got to me, I did what Mike suggests and just stopped caring. And look now, right when I least expected it, I have someone.

So my advice to you is just to walk away, and enjoy life (single or otherwise) as it comes to you. Chin up. :)