Just got back from seeing LP

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Super Xero, Mar 2, 2004.

Super Xero

Super Xero Well-Known Member

First of all, anyone who has a harsh view of Meteora...go see Linkin Park live and you will have a whole new love for them. I've seen ALOT of shows and this was by far the best.

The crowd was hot the entire time and everyone there seemed to know the words to every song. Meteora songs seemed to get the biggest reaction from the crowd. Here are some highlights for me...

-Nobodies Listening. Live it had a different flute sample and sounds very cool...adding the live bass and guitar makes it sound a thousand times better. Mike's free style at the end will wash away any doubt on his rapping skills. Chester also played guitar.

-Breaking The Habit. Amazing.

-Mike and Sonny from P.O.D. both did the "blood is pouring" part on "One Step Closer".

-The intro sample they used was NiN's "Something I Can Never Have"

Just a dead on awesome performance. Blew me away.

Random stuff about the other bands..

Didn't get there in time to see SOTY

Hoobastank..eh..not much of a fan. But..at one point the singer was say something about "Playing the most hardcore and important song in the world..." ...and they started to play "Girls Just Want to Have Fun". Funny as hell.

P.O.D..I've heard people say they suck live..well, that wasn't the case tonight. All of their songs sound so much better live. Take Youth Of The Nation for instance...pretty funny...they brought some fans on stage to sing along with it...and one girl stood their completely spooked and didn't move an inch. Sonny waved at her and she gave him a timid half wave and backed away.

That ends my half assed report.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

:mellow: Damnit. I wish I got tickets to that tour.
    <!--QuoteBegin--Super Xero
    @Mar 1 2004, 11:16 PM
    at the end will wash away any doubt on his rapping skills.[/quote]
    meh, who had doubts :lol: :p

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I'm hating you so much right now.. oh well march 5th, three more days for me! :D

ph5ng me a*wy

ph5ng me a*wy Member

Tell something about Breaking the habit!
    It's a great song.

Super Xero

Alright. For those who are going to see LP soon and don't want a spoiler don't read any further.

Still there? Ok. They started off with just Mike playing the piano and Chester singing the opening part. After that the rest of the band joins in and they start from the begining of the song again. It's hard to describe it...it sounds different since, of course, they don't have an orchestra but it's easily one of the best parts of the show. Powerful stuff.

ph5ng me a*wy

ph5ng me a*wy Member

great
    i love songs with piano
    its a good contrast

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Is Brad actually playing the guitar, and hopefully throwing in heavier riffs?

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

How can the riffs be heavier if there are no riffs :lol: ?

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

"I'll paint it on the walls..."

Listen...right before that.

Super Xero

Yes Brad does play guitar through out the entire song live...live the song seems a bit more upbeat. Not "happy, bouncy' upbeat but..eh..you get the idea. Trust me, you ever see it live and you'll love it.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

They also played My December and It's Goin Down. My seats really sucked, we were in the vvvvvvery back row. Great show though!

Super Xero

I had floor :D

Still confused as to why they didn't play the Pushing Remix when I saw them..eh..ah well.

kenji-san

kenji-san Member

OMG, you guys are so lucky to see Linkin Park in concert!!! I don't think I'll ever get to go to one!! :angry: :( :wth: But I always dream of going though... :( Who knows, maybe some day I'll be lucky and get some tickets and that would be soooo awesome!!! :D :D :D I envy everyone who goes!!! :shifty: Just kidding! Well, all I have to say is that the people who are going to one, have fun and TAKE ME WITH YOU!!! :p Peace out everyone!!! :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob: :D

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

They played it when i was there.

lp_dreamer

lp_dreamer Well-Known Member

* filling with rage*

rrrrrrrrr i wish i could see them live grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

kellih1280

kellih1280 Member

awww, its so good to see people talkin so great about the show!! I have seen so many people on "other sites" saying how this or that was no good, and I hate that!! The show I went to was freakin amazing!! It was a sold out arena (as most of them have been) and the energy was through the roof!! When they played numb.. it was like Chester had a choir backing him up.. lol.. every person in that arena was singing along with him!! And of course.. the same with In The End and Crawling! Chester sounded so good when he broke out with Braking The Habit.. and with My December! And Mike is such an amazing entertainer!! When they played Its Going Down.. he had everyone in the room going crazy!! ohhh sheesh.. I could go on and on about every song and something about every member, lmao!! But I wont.. I will stop!! Anyways.. Im glad you had such a good time at the show.. I did as well!! :p

maxiscool

maxiscool Well-Known Member

Your report sounded just like the concert I went to. But in mine chester got someone in the pit to play guitar for faint and Brad took Mr. Han's place at the turn Table it was sooo cool.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

What do you mean Mike did freestyle? I think he did it at mine too kinda. I'm don't think it was though. He did 'It's Going Down' for about a few minutes without the music and them the music jumped in at one point, he's like.

"Okay I need you all to try and rap this one with me, if you know it. It go's a little somthin' like.. It's goin'..down.."

-crowd cheers-

"The rythym projects round.. the next sound.. reflects a complex... Hybrid.. dialect now.."

and paused inbetween his words alot, to give the crowd a feeling of anxiety and anticipation. Which worked really well lol. Then.. while he was rapping parts from it, he walks over to the guitar and puts it over his shoulders.. and then they all launch into the song together. It was awsome.

But i'm just asking.. I think a kind of forgot what a freestyle was. I think that's where he blasts new, unwritten before lyrics and raps it. Or I could be wrong, more of just a simple question. ;)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

He just spits whatever comes to him out. Most likely during Nobody's Listening.

Super Xero

Mike did the freestyle at the end of Nobodies Listening..the music kept going for a bit then stopped with just him rapping.

The end went something like "something something..if you feel this"