LA Secret Show/Busta Announced for PR08

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Rather Red, May 29, 2008.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

DAMN that must have been so awesome!

Fantastic news that LP "says" they might play NRL
    & I'm also itching to hear "Wake 2.0) & LFY with the new intro!

Thanks McLovin for sharin this with us!

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

Did they play We Made it with backing tracks or did Rob, Joe and Phoenix help out? It'd be way sicker if they did

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Mcclovin Was this similar to the setlist you say

Lying From You (with new extended intro)
    No More Sorrow (w/New eBow intro)
    By Myself*
    Wake "2.0"/Given Up (w/extended outro)*
    Runaway (lead into....)
    Figure 0.9 (w/new extended outro)
    Bleed It Out (NO EXTENDERS; STUDIO VERSION)
    Somewhere I Belong (with new intro)
    Annoucement Service Public (blend into...)
    Numb (BEAT & PIANO ONLY)
    Shadow of The Day
    Leave Out All The Rest***
    The Little Things
    Breaking The Habit (no piano intro)^
    In The End (new joe intro)
    What I've Done (w./ new extended intro)

ENCORE 1
    Faint (w/new extended intro AND NEW OUTRO)
    No Roads Left (w/ #3)
    We Made It (ft. Busta)

Encore 2
    A Place For My Head (ALL EXTENDERS)
    One Step Closer (ALL EXTENDERS)****

I actually think it''s bullshit, meh.

Jesse

[​IMG]
    lplive has proof of setlist w

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

they're on the Linkin Park Underground site under "Art and Photos"

the band helped out, and some random dude played piano (because mike was rappin/emceeing with busta)
    \
    yeah, they had setlist w, y, and z. this kid i sat near snagged setlist y, so i was looking at that one, but w looks a lot like it.

and what do you mean it's BS. go to LPU and find out for yourself.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
    JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

set W looks amazing :)

i wonder what they'll play at the UK leg of PR? hmm

Jesse

The only reason I found out was through LPMP and a lot of people on there throw Bullshit around, so you can't take what every one says seriously. I mean, I couldn't go to LPU but I'm convinced now. Sorry.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Holy shit, 14 people? That would be... amazing, I think.

Jesse

Yeah 14 people got invited to hear a LP concert preview for upcoming tour. Were blinded folded and such... I want to know how they got invited actually, did they win a contest or is it just a benefit of being part of LPU? I mean LP is great! for doing such a thing but I want to know how it all went down and such and what not.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

set list Y(rumored)
    Faint (w/new extended intro)
    Somewhere I Belong (with new intro)
    Papercut (NO EXTENDERS, STUDIO VERSION)
    Points Of Authority (with extended outro)

Bleed It Out (NO EXTENDERS, STUDIO VERSION)
    Wake "2.0"/Given Up (w/extended outro)*
    With You (lead into...)
    From The Inside

Shadow Of The Day
    Leave Out All The Rest***
    Numb (BEAT & PIANO ONLY)
    Breaking The Habit (no piano intro)
    Crawling (w/extended intro)
    In The End (new joe intro)
    Easier To Run (w/extended outro)****
    What I've Done (w/new piano intro)
    The Little Things
    ------------------------------
    Announcement Service Public (blend into...)
    No Roads Left (w/ #3)
    SPECIAL TREAT******
    ------------------------------
    Forgotten (w/extended intro)
    One Step Closer (ALL EXTENDERS)*******

Rather Red

I'll try to post a summary for you when I can... I'm on my 15 minute break at work right now.

Jesse

Thanks man :) But there are rumors set list W is fake.

I don't think it is.
    ------
    Y on the other hand.. I think it's made up.. or it could be real. Can only hope. :lol:

Rather Red

I had thought that Set Y was fake, but the more that I think about it, I just think my memory fails me and that it actually is real. I had thought that Set Y ended with "A Place For My Head" when I was reading it, but that was actually Set W. So I'm an idiot, and they're both real.

This is how it all went down. Everyone in the LPU in the Los Angeles area got e-mails saying to reply to the e-mail if you want to attend a Los Angeles Secret Show. There were a bunch of requirements, namely, you have to be 18 years old and available on Thursday May 29 ALL DAY. I had an exam, but I got it moved at the last minute thank God.
    So I get a confirmation back that I had been randomly selected (I don't know how random the process actually was, but Natalie [head of LPU] said that she selected 15 kids out of 200 or so that replied to the e-mail). At that point, I didn't know how many kids were gonna be there, but when I called Natalie to RSVP, she knew me by first name, so I thought that there must not be that many kids going. I was super stoked by this point.
    When I arrived at Warner Bros. on Thursday at 10:30AM, there were just two girls waiting outside. Over the next half hour, eleven more people showed up, bringing the total to 14 lucky LPUers who got to go (1 kid didn't show up). Natalie and Jessica (heads of LPU) came and gave us blindfolds (Music For Relief Bandanas) and got us into two limos that had completely blacked out limos so we couldn't see out. To doubly add to the secrecy of the venue (there are rumors online to where the venue actually was, but I'm not at liberty to say), we were also blindfolded. We arrived at the practice studio and were ushered into a adjacent room to where LP actually was. I went to the bathroom before the show got underway, and I heard them rehearsing "We Made It" and I heard Busta Rhymes, which made me stoked as fuck!
    So eventually, after an hour or so of waiting in this room with a bunch of snobby members of the media, we were ushered into the actual practice studio where LP was all set up. There was a taped line on the ground in front of the stage, but Mike told us to come closer, to sit on the PA, whatever we wanted. The show was amazing. They started with Wake, and went into Given Up. Chester did the full scream in the breakdown, and it was crazy. I was sitting literally right next to him as he was screaming, and I could hear his throat unamplified. I appreciate his voice/throat ten times more than before. Then they went into Lying From You, my favorite LP song. It was such a coincidence that the one song that wasn't from MTM or "We Made It" was my fave song. So lucky, especially because Chester pointed the mic at me during the chorus. My voice wasn't that good that morning, and the Lying From You chorus is pretty high, but I think I half hit the note ;). "Leave Out All the Rest" was next, and it was super chill. Then, Busta came out and they performed "We Made It". I didn't fully appreciate that song until I heard it live. It's a great song.
    After the set, they announced that Busta would be joining them for Projekt Revolution. I'm not sure in what capacity, but I'd presume he's actually doing a set, especially because he's coming out with a new album. Then, we got to meet the band. I had conversations with Mike and Chester, and said hi to the rest of the band, as well as Busta. Some kids snagged setlists, both the setlist for this little shindig we were at, and the setlists for Projekt Revolution. There were Set W, X, and Y. And like I said, they aren't fake. From what the band was planning, I know for a fact that "A Place For My Head" and "No Roads Left" will be played live at PR'08. I'll be at home during Hawaii when the tour is coming to LA, but this experience more than made up for that. It was as if I had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and I got my last wish. What an awesome experience.

Jesse

That's really great.. so not at third encore eh? Hmmm. Stiill awesome.

You think there will be with you, and forgotton and by myself and easier to run..

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The "rumors" going around about the location of the show honestly are not rumors, the location is one of the worst-kept secrets I've ever seen. The studio where LP rehearses for their tours was well-known information long before this secret show, and it's literally a place anyone from the general public can just walk into. There's a Tour Supply store in the building, and anyone can rent out storage space at the facility. There's even a couple b-sides on some of their MTM singles that were recorded there, and they give you the name of the place in the titles of the songs. One of the other LP fansites even got an email from LPU HQ politely asking them to remove reference to the location of the show (which they rightfully refused to do), so that confirms it's the right spot.

Rather Red

Well I was told to not give away the location, and it's the least I can do for getting such an awesome experience... FOR FREE.

And is the location really the most important part of all this?

Astat

Nah. Just something else for Warner to be dicks about.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

So if you saw We Made It live, how did it sound? I'd imagine it's better with the overproduction done to Chester's voice.

Astat

We Made It actually has 2 additional musicians other than Busta (I'm assuming they're from Busta's crew, it might even be Cool & Dre themselves). One guy plays keys (Mike doesn't do them), and there's an additional backing vocalist.

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

so did they go to all the trouble to blindfold you guy again at the end of the show
    and then limoed you guys back to warner bros?