Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think Attack Attack! are pretty contrived, and if you take away the electronic stuff they're just another -core band that arent great at what they do, and even if you don't at best they're just another -core band with electronic stuff. I don't think Lady Gaga comes off too badly in that respect, whether or not she really is that good.

For what it's worth my stance is that she has a couple of songs I like, I don't love her but yeah.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think a lot of people don't understand the concept of a synth. They think it's all computers when in reality it's still a keyboard. There's still skill involved with not only playing it, but making patches for it as well.

3. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Linkin Park's music is synthed.

4. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I don't think he is claiming it makes them revolutionary either.

5. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

This remix of Lady Gaga's song Monster should interest you Lady Gaga fans. Kevin Figs is probably one of my favorite remixers, and this sounds really good, albeit I don't like Lady Gaga.

[video=youtube;IVTx1zk6-B4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVTx1zk6-B4&feature=sub[/video]

6. Lady gaga isn't THAT bad compared to Ke$ha etc. But i still dont like her.

If I want modern pop, i'd rather just turn on Michael Jackson's Invincible Album.

7. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

[video=youtube;y_5i1wSO9qE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_5i1wSO9qE[/video]

8. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

That's not modern pop. That's classic pop.
    We're in the 21st Century now.

9. Ant

Ant Ambient

I find it absurd that we've made it this far into a Lady Gaga thread and no one's made a joke about your username. THIS CANNOT STAND.

10. ShinigamiPWN

ShinigamiPWN Sir? SIR?

It's a funny story..
    I used to HATE Gaga.
    Cringe every time Bad Romance came on the radio.
    Now.. as I write this I'm listening to 'Monster.'
    She really grew on me.

She ate my heart. She a-a-ate my heart. <3

Oh, yeah. I'd totally go gay for Gaga. She's hot.

Also.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Did anyone hear she got attacked by dogs at the VMA's?

[​IMG]

12. Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear The Downfall

Proficient as a musician. Mind-blowing as an entertainer. "The Fame Monster" slays.

Those are my current thoughts on everyone's favorite/hated Lady of the decade.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't hate her, but I don't particularly like her either. I find her extremely overrated, her music isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be and her writing is mediocre at best. Her videos are blah, have way too many meanings in them sometimes which comes across as trying to hard for me. Her antics and looks are just purely ridiculous, there is no arguing otherwise. She shouldn't need to attract that much attention to herself if she is "that" good of a musician. Her views I wont comment on because too each their own but I do feel like for the gay rights aspect, she's shoving it down our throats. Maybe cause I'm not gay, IDK it just feels like it. BTW, I'm not against gays, if you're gay cool whatever too each their own.

Music wise? Bad Romance owned basically every single pop song released last year. That I will not, at all, even attempt to deny. That song and video were perfection and that is when I had an ounce of respect for her.

14. Grizzly Bear

I prefer to justify my love of her by appreciating her as a boss entertainer as opposed to musician.

15. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

She somehow looks much hotter with all her crazy ass outfits and makeup on than when she's in normal attire. Actually, I think she's just average looking normally. If that.

Oh, and she's not a musician. But everyone already knows that. She's taking advantage of all the retards in America and making a lot of money off of it. I have to applaud her for that.

16. Grizzly Bear

She's studied music and knows about song structure, composition, theory, and writing. I don't know why people are arguing that she's not a musician. She even writes all of her songs.