Led Zeppelin and hidden messages?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by ChooseYourPoison, Jun 1, 2005.

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

Coincidence. I don't think they purposely did that. If they did, I think it would be a little clearer.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I just took offense to it because I assumed that you quoting my post meant it was directed at me in particular, that's all.

I knew Page was into Crawley, didn't know his place was called "the toolshed" though, that's interesting. All I was really trying to say was like, Pink Floyd put a backwards message into Empty Spaces by flipping the tape of a forward-recorded voice backwards and playing it over the rest of the song forwards. It just seems like if Zep had wanted to do this with Stairway, they would have done it the same way.

Think about this, in order to make all those messages come out the way the song is recorded, Plant would have had to sing the song, flip the tape backwards, and then listen to make sure the messages came out clear enough, and then redo the vocals as necessary to make them clearer, which probably would have taken forever.

Granted, maybe I'm underestimating how smart Page and Plant were. Maybe they wrote the lyrics knowing that naturally occuring backmasking would happen with the words. Personally, I believe it's a coincidence, but I can't be certain. What I do know is that Stairway is one of the greatest songs ever, backwards or forwards. ^_^

Anyway, if anyone wants a funny example of 100% intentional backmasking, check out the song Backmask by Mindless Self Indulgence, and play it backwards. Do the same with Empty Spaces by Pink Floyd, those are both pretty funny. LP actually did it once too with P5hng Me A*wy on Reanimation, they looped Mike's rap backwards in a couple places. [/b][/quote]
    Well I do hope you accept my apology, because I don't have anything against you, you seem like a cool person from what I've seen on the boards, and you liking Led Zeppelin makes me like you even more. We had a disagreement, happens to the best of us. I don't 100% know if it was on purpose or not, but it's what I believe.

Anyways, I do agree that either way Stairway to Heaven is an awesome song. :)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

fall.into.sleep, I'd quote you but that post is getting pretty damn long. :lol:

Don't worry about it, I'm not like mad or anything. I'm such a Zep fan that I actually have Jimmy Page's double-neck guitar he plays on Stairway. I love birthday presents. :D

Casey, I was gonna put the Weird Al song, but I forgot what the title of it was. What song is that? I know the backwards line is "Satan eats Cheese Whiz!"

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

:lol: Your right it was getting pretty damn long.

You have the actual double-neck? That's really cool, isn't it a Gibson/Epiphone SG Special?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, mine's an Epiphone G1275 Custom, it says SG on both necks though. Page plays an old Gibson that's not produced anymore, but the re-issued Gibson model is like $3,000 compared to $800 for the Epiphone. The Epiphone model is actually a closer replica of Page's than the Gibson re-issue anyway. Got mine as a late birthday present a few days ago. ^_^

There's a pic of me playing it on my camera, once I use up that film roll I'll scan it. *Curses crappy quality digi-cam*

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Yeah, mine's an Epiphone G1275 Custom, it says SG on both necks though. Page plays an old Gibson that's not produced anymore, but the re-issued Gibson model is like $3,000 compared to $800 for the Epiphone. The Epiphone model is actually a closer replica of Page's than the Gibson re-issue anyway. Got mine as a late birthday present a few days ago. ^_^

There's a pic of me playing it on my camera, once I use up that film roll I'll scan it. *Curses crappy quality digi-cam* [/b][/quote]
    That's cool, I'd like to see it.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

It's Weird Al - Nature Trail to Hell, lol :lol: