LIES GREED MISERY Live

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Jul 12, 2012.

Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

Yup, sorry, I got my terms mixed up. I meant off-tempo. Mike sounds off tempo during W&K and LGM.

To everyone else, it's only going to get worse and worse as Chester ages, you gotta give him a break. He's a smoker and the vocals that he hits on a daily is catching up to him.

He even admits he doesn't take care of his vocals as he should be. It is what it is.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I don't see where everyone is getting that Chester has a vocal problem. He's simply reached a point where the stuff he USED to have to scream he doesn't have to any more. His vocal range increased.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Chester hasn't smoked in years... that may be why people think that his voice has gotten "worse" , it doesn't receive the same punishment as berfore.

Minus

As an on-again-off-again smoker, I can actually say this might be true as well.

Geki

Geki >.

Chester was at his vocal prime in 2006-2007, after that it declined. I think the performances from Summer Sonic '06 and every MTM song have fucking excellent vocals. And remember when he did Slow Ya Roll with Young Buck?? He fucking KILLS it in that song, he sounds so amazing. Or the original Let Down from 2005. He did well throughout 2007 but after that he kind of declined vocally.

Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

@Geki-I don't think so. He still has got an awesome voice! I love his voice.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I disagree entirely with this statement. To say that someone has past their "vocal prime." Come on man... Really? Speaking of "Primes," when I heard New Divide live from the concert event, it sounded so much fucking better than it did a little bit over a year ago. And by "it" I want to point out that Chester sounded fucking amazing. Also, speaking of just over a year ago, the DSP to the show I went to for the Thousand Suns World Tour, Chester still sounded phenomenal. Especially on "What I've Done." That is still my favorite live version of the song that I've heard. Both of these were "post prime" according to you...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    Minus

What Hybrid said. The DSPs of the Dallas show and the actual show itself was excellent.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

This.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I love how this thread evolved to putting the blame on Chester.:facepalm:

I think because of the electronic elements that the band has been using, that "full wall of sound" that you normally get from a rock show, has been toned down. I can't wait to see how it plays out in person though. :D

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Are you kidding me? Victimized will be THE song to bring the closest thing back to a mosh pit that Linkin Park has had since Meteora days. Whether Chester is having a good day or bad.

And to say that he can't scream at all anymore... Have you listened to APFMH from Bucharest 2012 yet?? Prepare for some eye-opening stuff. It's not the same scream tone as in '04 for example, but the man can still scream like a motherfucker in a live environment.

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

Their performance from the Transformers premiere at Red Square was one of Chester's best vocal performances ever and that was just last year.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

mike raps like a beast, Chester's voice is awesome as always but the sound is very dull and i don't think it's live material it seems... empty