Limp Bizkit - Gold Cobra

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by danielpsoad-09, Jun 28, 2011.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess you all know that Limp Bizkit is back with a new album, "Gold Cobra." Songs like "Why Try" and "Walking Away" have been around for a year already, and the band also released "Shotgun" and "Gold Cobra" (first single) to promote the new album that is coming out officially tomorrow, even though it was leaked a week ago.

This is the video for "Gold Cobra":

[youtube]iTIXBBuQRhg[/youtube]

The album has got many positive reviews and some bad ones. I'd like to know what are your thoughts about it :D

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yup, still stuck in 2003 I see. The song "Gold Cobra" is just okay for me. The only reason why I kept watching the video though was because I saw bouncing boobs. :lol:

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

When Fred danced with the hot chicks, I was like :blink:

Edit: This is probably the last time you will see Limp Bizkit popular again, their sound is dated like expired Milk from 1999....

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think Borland must be on some drugs if he thinks Fred's ANYTHING fits with his guitar playing. I'm sorry, but no. Fred, just quit everything.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The boobs in that video are the only reason there are more "thumbs up" than "thumbs down."

Thank God I found Linkin Park before I found this band.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I like it. I'm not a guy that need some dubstep-orchestral-metal fusion with dem sick rapz with political but not preachy lyrics all the time. Sometimes I just like stupid frat rock.

Benjamin

That's what pre 2003 was for. We don't need more of it.

Blackee Dammet

Nuts to that, I say keep it coming. It's not like the stuff is as popular as it was in 99, I doubt you'll be assaulted with it on TV and radio.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

Don't give the band attention, they will fade away quick.

Minus

If I wanted stupid frat rock, I'd have been in a frat in college.

As it is, fuck that shit. I ran into one of the frat boys from college a few weeks back. I laughed as he waxed my car. Fucking tool. He's probably listening to this album right now, yearning for the days of popped collars and mommy's trust fund.

Blackee Dammet

My. What uppity gents you LPA fellows are.

Minus

Shut up, you're supposed to be shining my boots right now. I have a 5 o'clock that you're completely fucking up.

Terrible. This is worse than justin bieber.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

You know, in an age where we've been introduced to the likes of Lady Gaga... Wes Borland's stage presence is surprisingly... normal? Hell, first thing I thought when I saw his black outfit was, "Damn, that looks like Gaga's costume from 'Poker Face'." :lol:

As for the music, eh, it's more Limp Bizkit. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure there are people out there who long for this type of stuff again so more power to the band for giving it to them.

Minus

AKA all the nu-metal fanboys/girls that were bitching for Hybrid Theory Part Three?

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Not quite ... I loved Hybrid Theory and I loved A Thousand Suns and the new LP direction, and I'm freakin' enjoying this new Limp Bizkit album. If they're good at making fun music with catchy lyrics, well, I don't have a problem with them just doing what they enjoy doing (and what fans like to hear). It's just fun music to listen to, specially to enjoy in a live concert (I just checked some videos of a couple of sold out LB shows in Germany and the people were crazy enjoying the band and the new stuff). I'm really excited about seeing them live next month. :D

I think the guy who wrote this review: http://cosmosgaming.com/articles.php?id=3275&articletype=review completely understands what LB music is all about.

Benjamin

I would expect you to be in the .01% of LB fans that like LB and an album like A Thousand Suns :lol:.

Sometimes it's fun to listen to music that's catchy and I get that. It's just that when you put this song/album into context you see a band that doesn't change their style at all and only seems capable of making the same song repeatedly. At least with Linkin Park they were smart enough to realize that they had "been there and done that" with the HT/Meteora sound and decided to try new things.

But I'll agree with this. Who knows, maybe LB will get all of the LP NU METALZ OMG trolls to STFU since they'll have this to listen to. I'd say this might just happen seeing what the group that Jeff posted is saying, haha.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Antiquiet gave "Gold Cobra" a really negative 1/5 star review and Borland responded (via Twitter) with "I could see 1 out of 5 if you were expecting OK Computer, but… As far as LB records go, Gold Cobra is perfect" which, to me, is basically saying, "It's supposed to suck."

Benjamin

Give them credit for not pretending they don't suck, haha.