"Linkin Park’s music is so overproduced... they’re basically repeating the same song"

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Joe, Jul 28, 2011.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Was that necessary?

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Very necessary.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Your generalizations in regards to which bands produce what sounds is absolutely ridiculous, especially in regards to Radiohead. Me being a Radiohead fan, for you to tell me that they have done the exact same thing since Kid A is not only wrong, but clearly the sign of someone who doesn't listen to the albums enough to really provide a valid perspective on how they actually sound. Ever since Kid A, the band has changed their sound multiple times. Amnesiac was much more minimalistic than Kid A was, Hail to the Thief is essentially a well-constructed Hybrid of their rock roots and new-found experimental electronic sounds, In Rainbows is the single most timeless album they've ever put out, with an intimacy that few bands can match, and The King of Limbs is as Flying Lotus as they've ever been. They change with every album. They take their sound, break it down and put out something new. The only two albums that you could say sound even close to the same are Kid A and Amnesiac, and that's because they came from the same sessions.
    I'm not a huge fan of Nine Inch Nails, but someone's going to tear you apart on that. I've listened to a fair amount of Nine Inch Nails, and by no means do all of the songs and albums sound like that. I can't speak for Dream Theater, and Daft Punk does have a very similar formula throughout all of their songs, but considering their success, it's hard for me to say that I have a problem with it. I don't listen to a lot of Bjork either, but she is one of the single most creative artists out there based on what I've heard.

So, I'm just going to be polite in stating that I personally think your argument is garbage. We all have an opinion, I know, but you seem to have absolutely no valid founding for yours. Just bold statements and over-generalizations is all I see there.

What's interesting about your post is that you generalize all these artists into one sound, and yet you seem to love Linkin Park for the one sound they used to have. Judging from your post, you probably don't like A Thousand Suns all that much, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's because you can't put Linkin Park into some over-generalized category like you did with the other great artists you listed. I don't know if you know, but one of Linkin Park's strengths is production, mostly because of their work with Rick Rubin. In fact, I believe the instances in which Linkin Park sounded over-produced was during their time with Don Gilmore. Hybrid Theory was over-produced, and Meteora even more so. Hybrid Theory EP, alongside all of the demos for Linkin Park's earlier songs, all sound a lot better than the watered-down produced material that Don Gilmore had them put out. Not to discredit Hybrid Theory, but despite how good of an album it is, a lot of the songs sounded better and more interesting during their demo stages. Don Gilmore, if anything, made Linkin Park more produced and more mainstream than they should have been.

And while it can be argued that a high level of production is evident on A Thousand Suns, the production emphasizes Linkin Park's strengths and creativity, as opposed to how production on the first two albums was just a matter of balancing sounds, layering over Chester's voice multiple times to make him sound more aggressive and layering Mike to do the same.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

^^I don't think cloudscream's post was entirely serious.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

My attempt at sarcasm was a failure. Oh well.

But I wholeheartedly agree with Louis' post. My argument, which I loosely borrowed from Charlie Simpson, is garbage.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Hahaha, that's too funny. Looks like Louis needs to upgrade his sarcasm detector :lol:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, I think your Sarcasm Radar is broken Louis. :lol: