Linkin Park 8th Studio Album Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blake, May 31, 2017.

Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

As for the new LP record I predict another LP record. OML is not to far off from anything else they've done after 20 listens. Just a different mixture

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Never that.

Deliveranze and blackout. like this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'd honestly love to see them experiment with folk more. They've done it on two records (Castle of Glass, Sharp Edges) but never did a full album around it. It would be great to see that.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Impossible to predict except to say they won't revisit their Hybrid Theory/Meteora sound.

I'm agreeing with most here and saying 2020 will be the release year.

As for sound, I doubt they'll go in the vein of THP anytime soon. I'm leaning tentatively towards an electronicy, powerful pool of songs that cross multiple genres... almost like a revisit and far better, thought out, non rushed attempt at what LT could have been.

I have no clue.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I fully agree, though I feel Living things is a lot more Folky than people give it credit for. If you strip back all the production and electronics, songs like COG, I'll be gone, roads untraveled, skin to bone, (plus the first verse of Victimized) and two sections of Until it breaks all have a traditional Folk melodies and chord progressions. If only they fully captitised on this and LT could have been one of there best albums.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Agree... LT is such a waste potential... coming from ATS and they came up with LT? seriously? Majority of the demos like Holding Company and Three Band Terror proved that it was interesting direction they're heading then suddenly it went downhill by Linkin Park-ifying these songs on the final version.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Ugh, it hurts to think about the LT that could have been lol. Although I never mention Holding Company as one of the strong demos, since LITE is perfection and Holding Company kind of just sounds like Iridescent to me.
    But don't forget the incredible demo that is Primo. If you just removed IBG and put a finished Primo as the last track it would have already changed the feel of the whole album altogether.

I guess I wouldn't be too surprised at a hip-hop heavy album, considering how absent it is from OML and how it hasn't really been in much of their stuff since Wretches and Kings. I can already hear the repeated interviews from Mike "there's so much emotion and things to talk about with rap, I wanted to repeat the OML writing process but write with flow in mind instead of melody" or something like that lol. It would definitely be welcome from me, considering how good Rising Tied still is and cool demos like She Couldn't.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

In LP8 I´d either appreciate a return to the roots again or that the band explored the Symphonic Metal genre, there are many things that can be done with that kind of music. It´d be a good option to do a demo album or a collaboration album with Eminem (if they will want to work with rappers, they should forget Rakims, PushaTs and Stormzys and choose a really renowned one).
    The new album should arrive no later than 2019 and be longer, minimum 45 minutes. I feel like everyone with whom they have featured songs is not as good as the band would be on their own, so working in songs without features would work better.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I agree with all of this!

LP Soldier 01

I just hope LP8 doesn´t get shelved or is not postponed, because if Phoenix goes to UFC as I´ve heard he could be going (in my opinion he still fights best with a bass :) than he would ever do on the octagon), then the band would suffer a bit from that in terms of studio and tour schedules and probably the tours would become shorter and the albums more rushed if they are not recorded or produced for at least 1,5 years and it would probably mean that they would have to replace him which would lead to the almos inevitable the consequence that the band would no longer be what it is now (still very good and still one of the most relevant rock bands) and clearly too far from what it was in the past.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

This may just be the most ignorant thing I've ever read on this site.

That was an April Fools joke.

Avo likes this.
    LP Soldier 01

I didn´t mind checking the date when he said that.
    About Rakim, I just feel like if Mike had done all the rapping in Guilty All The Same it would´ve sounded better. Anyway, I don´t know Rakim´s work, but judging by this song, it is not my thing.

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Rakim is a legend, and his verse on GATS is one of the highlights of the album imo. I like Mike but he just doesn't compare.

LP Soldier 01

From what I saw he is more praised for his lyrics than for the albums he has sold.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Rakim was a high-selling rapper in the 80s and changed the game by being one of the first rappers to utilize technical rhyme structure. Eminem, while still most successful rapper ever, also has the credit of appealing to those who don't listen to rap just as LP appeals to those who don't like rock.

Eminem in 2017 would not fit on a LP song well. His guest features in the last few years show he cares more about how many rhymes in a bar than the actual content of his lyrics.

Em and LP making a song would fit as well as Chief Keef and Twenty One Pilots.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    leftshoe18 likes this.
    LP Soldier 01

Yes, it's true that Eminem's insanely fast rhyming speed wouldn't fit as well into LP style as Mike's slower rap, which I see as very good on most of the songs except for one or two, but still a collab LP/Eminem would be interesting, but probably Eminem would have to slow down a bit.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't like TOP but I would be interested to see them attempt some drill beats or something for Keef to rap on :lol:

Deliveranze likes this.
    LP Soldier 01

I actually enjoy 2 or 3 TOP songs, but don't know Keef.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Em is not "insanely fast" He's fast but fast rapping doesn't make you a good rapper. Honestly, fast rapping usually ends up with off beat, robotic, unispired deliveries especially on a 4/4 beat. He doesn't even hold the record for fastest rapping. Eminem's biggest issue is that he doesn't stay in rhythm these days. He uses a choppy flow these days where he barely stays on beat. Em would have to slow it down and change the subject matter completely to actually fit the track. If Em were on a LP track, just make it acapella.

If people complain Mike's battle rap verses contrast too much with Chester's choruses, imagine Eminem rapping about killing people with chainsaws and some homophobic punchlines. It just wouldn't work.

The only reason I see Em/LP collab even being asked, is because both are "I hate rap but love *insert their name*" types.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

A radical new hairstyle from Joe