Linkin Park accused of calling DEA on Sublime with Rome

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Erica, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoegaze4u

shoegaze4u Active Member

Oh, this "Cheez" was meant? Yes, that explained his nice words on Chester. Instead complaining about Brad he should be concerned about his own singer. I guess Cheez is just caught between two stools. Poor guy.

2. ecnaidareht

ecnaidareht Well-Known Member

I work for an artist management company in Germany and we've just talked about this case. Reading new article on phoenixnewtimes confirms even more this all leads to nowhere and it’s just about publicity, especially "they were willing to buy us more weed." Right on!

Do they not feel any shame to go public with such things? Apparently not, but the more they talk about it, the more in danger Sublime/Rome are when proved it is found this did not happen. Sublime/Rome could end up on court because of drugs and the abuse of LP's name. I do not know exactly what the laws are in the U.S. but that's what would happened here, plus Sublime/Rome would need publicly apologize and admit that it was not true and they would get a huge penalty fee for possessing drugs. Whatever, just saying my thoughts.

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

How would it be proven?

4. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Ugh I thought this was over and done with.

How does this guy even get to be a manager?

Yeah, I would think not anymore buddy.

Oh yeah, I think Chester just hates being in a band with people that are practically family to him, people that have helped him get clean and sober, that have ultimately changed his life for the better. It must be awful being in one of the biggest bands in the world with people that you love and respect. I bet deep down in his heart Chester just wishes he was in a little band like Sublime, with little morons like Rome, where he could have continued his addictions and watch his life go down the drain.

What a fucking moron.

I wouldn't worry too much about fans being fickle and turning against the band. If they are that fickle they will probably be the 'biggest fans' again when they hear some cool music from the band. The timing of all this sucks though, right before the release of THP.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  5. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

What a buffoon. Fuck off with this publicity stint.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  6. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I'm just gonna copy paste your comment where I can. BEST COMMENT EVER!

7. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Have to totally agree with THIS! I wont imagine would be happend with Chester, if he hasnt Linkin Park in his hardest time.
    Maybe Mariuhanna isnt that dangerous and yeah, maybe it should be legal. But its just annoying what happend yet in the media.
    To sick to be ashamed these guys...

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Lotus wins this thread.

9. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'm actually pretty sure that in a few LPTV videos Brad looked high as fuck!

That said, I believe if anyone in LP were to actually rat out Sublime it would be Brad anyway. That is not to say that I believe that Brad or LP did any such thing. There is no evidence at all, with Rome blaming 3-4 separate people in such a short time-frame. It just screams the guy is out for attention and wants to dig his way out of obscurity. He's a cunt that doesn't deserve to even be acknowledged.

10. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Haha! Thanks guys ;)

11. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Your opinion is wrong. No. Don't argue. It is. It's wrong. Go watch The Wire and the documentary "The House I Live In."
    Both will prove to you that the war on drugs is stupid as fuck. Your opinion does not matter. I'm sorry, it just doesn't.

More people have died because of the war on drugs and the iilegalization of harmless substances than a lot of other combative wars that it just blows my mind that there are those who just go "LOL. Drugs R Bad" and actually believe it

I'll probably get an infraction... but #worthit.

12. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I am the last person on this forum to worry or care about how well The Hunting Party is going to sell/chart in it's first week. Still, we all expect #1 debut because every release since Reanimation has done just as such. I really hope that this stupid false scandal doesn't hurt the band or the release of the new album in any way.

13. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I don't see the big fucking deal. The funniest part of all of this is that Linkin Park are the ones being looked at as bad guys even though they weren't the ones caught with weed. Why weren't these guys arrested? Plenty of other celebrities are caught with weed and are arrested, so what gives these guys a free pass? And if Brad or a guard did snitch then good for them, I don't see how they're are in the wrong. If it's illegal (Regardless if you think it should be or not) then you shouldn't have it on you, and if you get caught then the only one to blame is yourself.

Regardless, this is only a desperate plead for attention, and he succeeded very well. Now his band gets recognition, and Linkin Park are looked at as snitches. Pathetic. Bad timing too.

14. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I definitely agree with what Lotus said about Chester's relationship with his bandmates. I guess that manager didn't know as much about Chester as he thought he did. Also, why do people think Brad would be the one to snitch, anyway? I don't really see the connection or anything to indicate that he would rat someone out.

15. minuteforce

Here, let me help you understand:

16. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'm surprised there are so many people here who are defending Linkin Park (if they did this, that is) because weed is illegal. :lol: I mean, I get it, but it's still uncool as hell if they did do it. Weed doesn't hurt anyone, including the person smoking it.

17. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

Sublime who?

18. minuteforce

I'd be disappointed to learn that Rome was right in his accusations, unless there was a real health concern for a member of the band ... which, we've established, there was not.

So I'm defending the band because I don't believe at all that they had anything to do with what happened.

19. Diablerie

Diablerie Member

lol WHAT recognition? the only thing becoming apparent is how shit HIS band is. ya, way to go.

20. minuteforce

Maybe among LP fans that don't believe the allegations, but this thing goes well beyond just our fanbase

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.