Linkin Park Announce Hybrid Theory: 20th Anniversary Edition Super Deluxe Boxset

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Aug 13, 2020.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Okay, according to the Warner store FAQ downloads are normally MP3s (320k 44.1kHz 16 bit). Damn, bummer, nothing for me then. :sweating:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Shinoda confessing that he's a cloned lizard, complete with photo evidence.

From what we can see in the product image, we can at least tell that it isn't a hardcover

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Damn, I guess a hardcover would’ve increased the price more than the band would like.

Captain-EO likes this.
    One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Or maybe reports from the same lab guy that replaced water with vodka on a tour with Taproot? Thats a story I heard a few years back.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Pre-ordered the super deluxe set. I'm fine with working some extra shifts to make up for it. I probably would pass if this was any other artist but I think considering how much LP impacted me and my appreciation of art and music growing up it's worth it.

TheInterframe, Gibs, Andreina and 2 others like this.
    minuteforce

In the early 2000s, as far as music went, "Hybrid Theory" was my whole life for about two years straight, and I'm hardly unique in that. The band's done us real proud with this box :)

chris2, Gibs, Andreina and 2 others like this.
    One More Rob

I said this before but LP back in the day made me feel "understood" with things where I didn't even realize I felt that people didn't understand me

SPeaking of understanding, I doubt that makes sense.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I may have listened to it before, but I've not listened to LP demos and rarities for so long that this was a completely new song for me. I just checked my huge LP folder and that song isn't there so I may have missed it :lol:

I'm very curious about what were they planning to do with that 'Disney' sample. Was it a quote, were they musical sounds? It's just intriguing :lol: .. But oh well, they simply were not allowed to say certain things :halfkappa:

Dekar likes this.
    Captain-EO

I think it's one of the best if not the best from the pre-HT era. It's such a unique sound for them and I love the song.

Only Trollnoda knows :kappa:

minuteforce

OMG, what did you think?

It was an excerpt from "Let It Go" where Idina sings "the cold never bothered me anyway". You can imagine Disney wouldn't give permission for it lightly

Captain-EO and Andreina like this.
    One More Rob

I don't know if linking to it is okay or not, btu anybody remember this episode?

I dunno if everybody was trolling or not but what if this is one of those other new demos we get?

Dekar likes this.
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

What I thought about it was how did people have the audacity to fume at the band for making MTM/ATS/"softer songs" and not going back to der roots when actually those were THE roots.

It's a great song. With this compilation showing the whole spectrum of harder and softer tracks, casual fans and outsiders will see Linkin Park stayed true to themselves all along. They were all that, I already knew it.

Private Donut

Private Donut Well-Known Member

The price is a little steep for me, as much as I'd like to buy it. I'll just have to live through all of my fellow fans to survive. Also I haven't heard She Couldn't and gotta say I really like it. It's a tad somber and probably wouldn't have fit what was going on in Hybrid Theory, but as a stand alone song it holds up really well in my opinion.

One More Rob

I just watched aYT video about the boxset which raised an intersting point, sure 200 bucks is a lot of money, but anybody remember that LT/Rechard box set that had the snowglobe type sculpture of the LT vinyl cover along with it. That was 500. And that just included that scultpure, a small hardcover booklet and the 2 CDs.

This has 10 times the stuff and is even cheaper. Wow.

Captain-EO, Andreina and Dekar like this.
    TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

This was my thought process as well man. Normally for most artists, I would pass on ordering a expensive item like this, but honestly, even as a later LP fan, HT, HTEP and the rest of that era of songs were all of my middle -> highschool years and also what inspired me to get into making music, which is something I'm so grateful for.

Linkin Park's entire discography is amazing, but I have a soft-spot for Hybrid Theory for these reasons lol

Captain-EO likes this.
    Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Honestly, I think they pretty much delivered well on this anniversary, and while I probably won't get the boxset, it seems pretty reasonable to me.

Hopefully this'll dispell to some fans' misconception that they were just a 'nu-metal' band. And while it's alright to not like everything they have released in their discography, i still like to think that the band has retained their artistic integrity through commercial success all these years*. Like what Mike has said in recent interviews, why can't artists have both sides of the coin where they can have artistic integrity along with commercial success? It breaks further stereotypes of the 'starving' or 'sellout' artist.

*P.S: I know this is an unpopular opinion in this site but OML still isn't my most fav album as a whole even after 3 years. BUT I still appreciate certain tracks and I'm happy whenever fans say that album made an impact on them, even compared to other albums like HT. :)

P.S.S: on a side note, I'm eagerly awaiting to watch that Frat Party sequel. The band is still funny, but their early 2000s selves were on a whole comedy level. :rofl:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Captain-EO and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I feel like Chester's audition tape is the only thing missing from this boxset... Oh well, I ordered one!

Captain-EO likes this.
    One More Rob

I always thought the version of Stick N Move on the Forgotten Demos disc is from that tape. I dunno what the other song was but maybe theres a reason why that wasn't included.

Captain-EO

Considering we're getting Reading My Eyes and Rhinestone I think it's highly likely it's the Xero Stick N Move.

One More Rob

However Reading and Rhinestone have the "Xero" tag while Stick N Move doesn't. And like I said I am pretty sure Stick n Move was on Chesters audition tape, which is why I consider it likely.