Linkin Park Benefit Song "Not Alone" For Haiti

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

If I had to compare this to one song on MtM, it'd be In Pieces.

I'm a fan of everything except the melody on this track. The samples, scratching, lyrics, and nice soft guitar in the background are nice, but the melody didn't get me at all.

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

This song really reminds me of My December, and as with many of the people here, if it's any indication of the new album, I'm more than excited for it.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It's going to sound weird, but, does anyone think Not Alone sounds like Midnight Show by The Killers a little bit?

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I think I see where you are coming from with this. Do you mean the synth sound?

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Yeah, it's the synth sound. It sounds like Midnight Show, yeah?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The "cheese" factor on this pretty much ruins it for me.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Totally agree. I am really looking forward to this year. It's weird, I've sorta put Linkin Park in the back burner so it's kinda awesome (next to Iron Man 2 this year) I am looking forward to this new album. I hope they become that band I dreamed off back in 2003.

Linkin Park FTW. \m/

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, the song does have a little bit of a cheese factor, haha. I really like the chilled out feel the song has. Kinda has a late night radio vibe to it, haha.

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

I know Not alone is not related to their next album but it's fine with me if 1/2 tracks from the album sounds like this. I'm still hoping for LP to me more heavier and more metalish. Rock on!:lol:

Same here. It's beautiful actually. Having a good heart is one of the reasons why I like LP.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Aye, some great songs just flow out of a musician's mind and the results can be stunning. Personally, if something big is in my mind and I feel confident that I can put it into words I let eerrrr ripp. We all know how fast WID was made, and how successful the song became.

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

Not sure if I'm looking in the right place for this info, but does anyone know the royalty info on this song?

That is to say, since it's up for free download based on donations, does that make it royalty free?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I doubt it.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

FYI, Mike confirmed that the music in Not Alone is from an older demo (I'm assuming MTM-era, because it sure doesn't sound like anything older than that), the only part of it that's new is the lyrics/vocals.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

This.

Nihilanth

Nihilanth Active Member

Hm. Most people at LPL are almost universally assuming Not Alone is a song from the current recording sessions. I guess that Mike's comment may be interpreted like that, "a little while ago" may as well be within the past year and a half. But he also said that they've never used it because it didn't feel finished. If it was meant to be on the new album then why would they want to use it in any way, this long before the new album? Doesn't make sense.

Errol

Errol Well-Known Member

I can't download the album, something about the download limit for this file has exceeded. Does that mean I'm not allowed to download this, that I'm too late?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

In my opinion, the terms "never used it" and "little while ago" would mean that it (being the instrumental) was from Minutes To Midnight, or made before this recording session. Mike himself said the instrumental is old, but the lyrics and vocals were new. It is a common practice for a band to take music from older songs and apply it to a new song.

So if people would want to argue that because the vocals were recorded within the last week that it's from "this recording session" then fine. But in terms of the instrumental? It's old and has been stated as such by the band.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Evidently it's an old Minutes to Midnight track they did nothing with, put vocals on it in the past week and released it.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Then it's an old MTM demo re-used with new lyrics and thus not a part of the current recording session. That's my view.

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

I really really love this song. I assume it was initially made as a demo for MTM, and they put vocals over it recently. I still don't understand how Not Alone, Across the Line, and No Roads Left were not on the album. Not Alone is in my opinion better than any of the ballads on MTM, and Across the Line is better than any of the up-tempo songs on MTM. Anyways I love the vocals on this aong, I would love to see a few songs on LP's album that sound something like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.