Linkin Park Benefit Song "Not Alone" For Haiti

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The reason why it wasn't on MTM is because although the instrumental was old, the lyrics were just written in reaction to the Haiti disaster.

I agree though that MTM would've sounded better like this.

Welcome to LPA btw! Please, introduce yourself with a thread in Newbie Camp so we know more about you :).

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Musically it sounds NOTHING like ANYTHING on MTM. it isn't raw, it must be something from the new album sessions akin to "New Divide" more than anything

Beautifull song. LP does it yet again.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

If this instrumental is old, then I'm guessing the way Mike's produced the Kenna and Lupe songs are more like what LP sound like right now.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

please read the press interviews where Mike explicitly states otherwise.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Where can I find such press interviews? :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1630027/20100119/linkin_park.jhtml

Here you go :)

"We had a demo [for 'Not Alone'] — the music was laid out, we had done the song a little while ago ... we just never used it because we never thought it was done," Shinoda remembered of the origins of their track. "[After the tragedy in Haiti], we listened to the demo again, essentially scrapped all the words, rewrote the words ... when you've got that idea and emotional charge in you and you put that in the lyrics, for me it does make better lyrics." Those lyrics include, "I break down/ Fear is sinking in/ The cold comes/ Racing through my skin/ Searching for a way to get to you/ Through the storm you go, giving up your home/ Go, leaving all you've known/ You are not alone."

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I doubt it. I just listened to the track and I'd be very much surprised if LP ever sounded anything like that lol.

minuteforce

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

This song has truely grown on me though I'm not taking it as any sort of indication on the next album. I'm proud of the guys that they managed to pull this whole entire project together so quickly and make it helpful

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

i like the song and mostly because of chesters voice. it has something really touching to it that it seems to lack lately. maybe it's the production, i don't know.

the best thing is them putting out so much music in between albums now. even without the earthquake we would've had 4 new songs in the meantime (lockjaw, new divide, across the line, 8-bit game song).
    thumbs up!

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Those are both older tracks too, actually. Never Let Me Down was recorded several years ago and leaked online in 2008 (it was probably the collaboration Kenna had mentioned would be included on the MSTSMF Outtakes EP), and Resurrection was an unfinished instrumental track that Mike sent to Lupe and had him and Kenna finish. Mike actually "produced" that song without ever being in the studio with Lupe or Kenna, haha.

minuteforce

Yeah, "Never Let Me Down" was a B-side from "See My Face" ... I didn't know about "Resurrection", though -- I mean, I knew Shinoda produced it but that's all I knew. :blush:

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Am I the only person who sat through Not Alone hoping that Mike would spit out a verse somewhere in there? I'm getting really tired of that. Spent the whole MTM album waiting and waiting, as well as New Divide. Am I also the only one who thinks Not Alone is a crappy song and is not a very good sign concerning the next album? Getting really tired of hearing Chester croon and croon to forgettable, cliche lyrics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.