Linkin Park cancels Manchester Arena July 7th show

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jun 15, 2017.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

In the wake of the tragic terrorist attack that took place in the Manchester Arena on May 22nd after an Ariana Grande concert, Linkin Park has now confirmed their show scheduled to take place in the Manchester Arena on July 7th is cancelled. Read the official statement below.

The band has also commented on the cancellation, saying:

Were you planning on attending the show? Discuss the topic in our forums.

Source: Linkin Park Official Website

Twintendo

Twintendo Member

That's a real shame but totally understandable. Will have to see them next album cycle!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I am sorry for all the guys who wanted to visit the show. We are stronger than the shit.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If you guys don't want to lose hope in humanity, do NOT read the Facebook comments on LP's Facebook post for this news. Children died as a result of the attack, and all some of those thoughtless idiots can do is chastise LP for cancelling a show at a venue that legitimately wont be open by the time they play.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I genuinely hate people sometimes.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

LP fans, nuff said.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Which is stupid, the Venue did, not LP themself.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

First facebook reply I saw was "LP is a pop band now lol" :timothy:

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

RIP to the victims of the attack. The arena closed it's door until September to repair the damages so there was nothing the band could do.

What makes me happy is that it looks like the band (management) tried to reach out to every possible venue that would fit the same amount of people and just couldnot come up with anything. At least the tried!

Sorry for all the fans that wanted to see them and I hope you still get to see them in the future :)

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

So true. Some of the comments I read last night made me so angry. These people have clearly never booked an event/venue before and don't understand how difficult it can be to find a substitute at such short notice :mad:

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

That's actually not bad. A comment like that wouldn't bother me at all. The comments that Derek referred to are what would bother me, people being pissed that they cancelled, even though there was such a huge tragedy, etc. As an artist who has sold over 70 million albums that drastically changes their sound abruptly with each album, you're bound to get people who don't like it and want to be vocal about it. I think it's annoying how all these Linkin Park fans and the actual band members are acting like you can't bash the album. If I wanted to, I could literally wake up in the morning every day and spend all day and night online bashing the album if I wanted to, and I have the right to do that as a consumer. I don't even consider myself a Linkin Park fan though because I haven't liked anything the band has done after about 2008 or so when Minutes to Midnight ended. But if I were a long time fan like a lot of these people who really don't like One More Light and I wanted to write about it and was attacked for it, I'd be annoyed too.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

The point is that it's very clearly not the time to be a whiny little bitch about an album you don't like when their post is about a show that was cancelled due to damages at a venue from a terrorist attack. Literally nothing to do with anything you went off on a tangent about.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Very disappointed the show has been cancelled, I was really looking forward to seeing the band again since I last saw them 7 years ago. I was also really looking forward to going with my girlfriend (again) and for the first time with her Mum and Step-Dad as I was interested to see what they thought of Linkin Park live (they like some of their tracks and loved A Thousand Suns) so again, it's very disappointing but I completely understand why Manchester Arena had to cancel and you have to give credit to the band for trying to find an alternative venue.

This is the time for Manchester Arena to rebuild and I will definitely go back there again one day as I've always enjoyed attending the venue and the staff have always been professional and polite. What happened I still find completely disgusting and that is much bigger than one show. My thoughts and condolences still go out to the victims, this wasn't right what happened and was inhumane and we just have to stay strong and push forward and rise from this tragic event.

I unfortunately can't attend any of the other shows but I will make sure if they come back next year I will try and see them again. My mission is to also try and finally meet the band so we'll just have to wait and see... onwards and upwards.

HybridT, Blake, Noosh and 1 other person like this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Yes, of course you would "have the right to do that". But if you did that I'd still have the right to call you a dick for not respecting someone's artistic choices, a loser for spending so much time whining every day about something as unimportant as a Linkin Park album, and an insensitive jerk for doing all that on a post about a show cancelled due to terrorist attacks that killed people and ruined their families' lives. There's a time and place for criticism. :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Serenity, Sasuke, HybridT and 6 others like this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Complaining about one show getting cancelled in the wake of a horrible terrorist attack that took lives and injured several... yeah, those people on FB aren't idiots.

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I do agree that there's a time and place for everything and saying it sucks as a comment under a post about the Manchester attack is uncalled for. But I've just seen a lot of people lately getting butthurt at any negative comment people make about the new music. People are allowed to have their opinions, as intense or not intense as they choose to. If you like the music, good. If you don't like it, that's ok too. I don't get why Linkin Park fans react the way they do to negativity. Every major band or artist will have people who complain. Hell, I love the first three Linkin Park albums and those are all often bashed by fans, and I don't let it bother me or even address it.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

The issue, I assume, Tobin had with the comment was that it was a reply to Linkin Park's post about them having to unfortunately cancel that tour date due to the venue not being ready in time after a terrorist attack. I don't think anyone had an issue with that comment because they were talking negatively about the album.

It would be as inappropriate to reply complimenting how amazing the album sounds. Both have nothing to do with the subject at hand: the cancelation of a concert because some asshole decided to bomb a concert full of children, teens, and families.

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

Shame that the gig was cancelled given that I was planning it as the first massive date with my girlfriend but ah well, here's hoping they do another tour there next year. Hopefully, the venue recovers soon and security will be tightened so future gigs will be safer and all the best to those going to Birmingham and London for those shows.

Also worth noting, to fuck with all the people on Linkin Park's Facebook whining about the gig being cancelled or, in one particular comment, saying that "at least people don't have to hear the new stuff". A terrorist act happens at a venue with children and their parents and some pricks are joking about the album or the band. Some terrible people out there...

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Linkin Park fans for you :rolleyes:

Noosh and Sasuke like this.
    Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

So, I had a change of heart and asked work if I could book a half day on Thursday 6th July to go see Linkin Park and my Line Manager said that was absolutely fine. Unfortunately, my girlfriend and her Mum and Step-Dad can't go, which is a real shame but I've promised them we'll all go together again when Linkin Park return to Manchester (hopefully next year). I just really had the urge to go see my favourite band and I wanted to treat myself (due to how well I've done at work this year), so I saw they were still selling Premium Tickets for the Birmingham show with decent seats so I asked my sister (who likes Linkin Park's older material, not sure she knows much about the new stuff) and she said she can drive us there and will attend with me, so I went ahead and purchased 2 tickets.

It's not how I had it planned but I guess that's fate. Still, I'm looking forward to finally seeing them and have applied for the LPU Meet and Greet Lottery also, fingers crossed.

I want to finish this post by saying... I hope to see you in the nearby future, Manchester and Manchester Arena!

Kevin, minuteforce and Noosh like this.