Linkin Park @ Concord Pavilion: 09-19-2014

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by nuraman00, Oct 20, 2014.

nuraman00

nuraman00 New Member

Went to see Linkin Park last month.

30 Seconds To Mars
    : A lot of their songs had the crowd singing along. While usually that's great, for several songs it was instead of the singer singing himself. In those cases, I wished both the singer and the crowd would have sung.

There was a confetti explosion during one of the later songs. Kind of cool to look at the sky, and see white confetti fall onto you, from the black night.

At the end of their set, the singer pointed to a bunch of fans from the crowd, and invited them onstage. That's another cool moment for the fans.

It was also interesting to hear them cover Enter Sandman.

Linkin Park: This was my 5th time seeing them. While they're always great and have a lot of energy, they did too many medleys for my taste. I like hearing full songs. This time, almost every song was a medley. On previous tours, they'd only have one medley segment, at most.

This isn't even like how Tool has different intros to their songs, when they play them live. In this case, LP had different intros, and then medleys, making it hard for me to follow along sometimes, or get into a rhythm.

I liked hearing "With You" and "Wastelands" the most, among songs heard live for the first time.

Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/PUgTJ#0

Setlist:

30 Seconds To Mars:

Carmina Burana: O Fortuna (Carl Orff song)

Up in the Air (Ext. Bridge)
    Search and Destroy (Ext. Intro; Ext. Outro)
    This Is War (Chant Intro)
    Conquistador
    Kings and Queens (Ext. Outro)
    Do or Die (Ext. Intro; Ext. Outro)
    City of Angels (Sing-a-long Intro)
    End of All Days Acoustic
    The Kill (Bury Me) (Acapella Intro w/ partial Chorus sung by crowd; Short Ending)

Encore:

Bright Lights (Sing-a-long Intro; Acapella Outro)
    Enter Sandman (Metallica cover) (Instrumental Jam)
    Closer to the Edge (Ext. Intro; Ext. Outro; fans onstage w/ Mars Flags

Linkin Park:

Mashup Intro #2 (w/ Session, 1stp Klosr, The Requiem, The Summoning, The Catalyst, Guilty All The Same)
    Guilty All the Same
    Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
    With You (Shortened Intro)
    One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
    Blackout (Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)
    Papercut (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus))
    Rebellion (Ext. Intro)
    Runaway (Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Ext. Intro; Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)
    Wastelands
    Castle of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)
    Leave Out All the Rest / Shadow of the Day / Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    Robot Boy (Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only))
    Joe Hahn Solo (w/ Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    Waiting for the End (Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    Final Masquerade
    Wretches and Kings / Remember the Name (Ext. Outro Transition)
    Dirt Off Your Shoulder / Lying From You (Jay-Z and Linkin Park cover) (2014 Abridged Version)
    Somewhere I Belong
    In the End
    Faint (Ext. Outro)

Encore:

Burn It Down (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus); Swirl Intro)
    Lost in the Echo (Shortened (Intro/First Verse/First Chorus/Outro Only))
    New Divide (Shortened (No Second Verse and Second Chorus))
    Until It's Gone (Shortened (Intro/Hybrid Verse/Second Chorus/Transition Outro); Ext. Intro w/ Points Of Authority Rap)
    What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)