Linkin Park ft. Hayley Williams?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Rosh, Nov 27, 2009.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

It's not a reality, but I was wondering how you guys would feel about a song with Hayley on guest vocals.

I was watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKWwqVAfUhY and I thought the shot of Hayley with the Faint strings/drums playing behind her right at the beginning was pretty awesome plus I thought the Crushcrushcrush vocals sounded real nice over the Faint instrumental. The transition into Mike's vocals sounded really cool, from an interplay between the male/female vocalist standpoint.

What do you guys think?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I like Hayley's singing but I wouldn't want it involved in Linkin Park music. :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Hayley Williams is a very talented vocalist but I could not see the two bands working again apart from a possible tour (Projekt Revolution 2010/11 if it happens). The styles of music are drastically different as well as the style of singing and while they might sound good together, I cannot picture a collaboration.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I don't like her and moreover LP are criticized for being 'too mainstream' as it is. So nay to a Hayley/LP collab.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

linkin park already have good vocalists.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

No.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Most of LP's collaborations have been very mainstream, so that would be a no to another one. They don't want to become something like Good Charlotte or Fallout Boy, where they merely act as some ordinary band behind whoever it is that they play with. Maybe a tasteful attempt with a rock legend would work. But most of them are out for cash now days, and would go mainstream. I think LP as is, would be the way to go.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Phew, at first I thought this was a News topic and I panicked a little bit. Keep female singers out of Linkin Park. I know that sounds sexist but I tend to dislike female singers, ha.

think i'm a fire engine

think i'm a fire engine Well-Known Member

It's an awesome mashup video. I'd definitely listen to more mashups between the two, whether they be fan made or band produced a la Collision Course.

As for LP writing new material with her, it could work. I think the extra vocalists on Reanimation added cool elements to the songs that wouldn't have been added had LP stuck to only using the two vocalists that they have. But would I pick her, specifically, out of a number of other vocalists that they could theoretically work with? Probably not.