Linkin Park Get A Little 'Progressive'

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

According to a new article on billboard.com, Linkin Park have added even more bands to their awe-inspiring list of inspirations for the new album; this time of the progressive rock variety:

"The thing about Rick that I love is he's unpredictable," Shinoda says. "He'll listen to a song and throw out an idea that seems completely out of nowhere, but it makes a lot of sense and it makes the song better." Shinoda adds that Rubin has steered band members towards recordings by Pink Floyd, Elton John, King Crimson and Emerson, Lake & Palmer as reference points for different emotions and feels for the new songs. "The Moog (synthesizer) has been sitting in the studio since day one," Shinoda says with a laugh."

While the rest of the article dived into very familiar territory, the one bit of new information featured there suggests the band is going to head in a very new direction with their latest effort, currently set for release sometime in Spring 2007.

For the whole article, please click here.

Thanks to Friskey for the news!

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

cool, that's pretty interesting.

what does that mean "the synthesizer has been sitting in the stuidio since day 1"? as in being used a lot, or not at all?

this should be interesting. i wonder how mr. hahn will be making his sounds combine w/ this so-called progressive like side out of LP. seems they always make it work. i feel this will be a great album. maybe the best of 07? :D we can only hope... and wait... and wait...

Derek

Day 1 means it's been a staple of the recording process. If I remember right, a moog is what Pink Floyd used back in the day. Pre-pro tools right there.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

A motherfucking Moog? King Crimson?

Is this bizarro world or what?

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

This album keeps getting more and more interesting as new info comes along. I have very high hopes with these influences.

But what I still don't see is how QWERTY ties in with those artists? Im just praying Mike isn't pulling what he did with Meteora. Im rooting for Rick Rubin.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
    Derek

I can't lie anymore, I'm excited.

It's like Linkin Park is taking everything that was ever awesome about music and throwing it in a melting pot to see how it comes out. For those who are unfamiliar with a moog, its basically that really gothic looking machine that Ozzy pulled out to mess around with in The Osbournes. It's basically what amazing bands like Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath used to make their samples.

AWESOME.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

man, this just keeps getting better and better. Derekds right, this album should be like this giant pit of musical awesomeness + LP = perfection.
    New single in december/january i reckon, they're stepping back into the spotlights, they're got nes articles everywhere.
    :cloud:

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Oh man, this should be fun.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I admit, I'm a little skeptical. Of course, I'll probably have a chance to listen to the whole album before it's released (the joys of being a student DJ) and I'll offer up a review then.

Pinkin.Lark

Pinkin.Lark Well-Known Member

haha do you think you could leak it for us??.... pwwweeeassseee... LP is the only music i listen to!^_^

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I'm about tired of the news, I just want a single or a single sound clip

i'll be completely honest and I mean no offense to anyone else, but I don't give as hit about Pink Floyd or Elton John, or King Crimson, ANY of them. I want Linkin Park.

I'm sure when the record actually comes out, it's not going to be exactly like they say, but dammit, I want Linkin Park, not any old bands..... hope this album meets my expectations and more

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

yay...oh and...everything that's been said up 'til now ^_^

Spectral

Spectral Active Member

Well... the album sure looks like a great record in my mind, but yeah... Querty didn't really sound like what they're talking about... I sure hope they really tried something different... It could turn into something awesome and get them the respect they deserve...

I like to imagine a solo on one song... it's fun to dream

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Thaaat would be illegal. But offering a 30 second clip is legal though :lol:

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Crap! Spring 2007...Again they're pushing itt! grrr!

But i'm still excited. I cannot wait to start hearing new linkin park material. And im sure it won't sound like pink floyd or all that old stuff because first of all its linkin park and second of all i don't think they would wanna sound different then wut they already do.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Spring 2007 is pushing it?

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I just want a damn album title and release date. :lol:

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

From what I am reading, it seems like we are going to regain a bunch of lost fans, and lose a bunch of new fans.

Interesting though. I am anxious to hear how this might sound. It might not be my taste but i"ll be happy that they finally evolved from what they were back in Meteora. Keep the news coming ;). LPassociation never fails at always keeping the lp fan community up to date =).

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

ditto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.