Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Three years ago they released their heaviest record to date and now this? Oh god this is by far the most bizarre plot twist I have ever seen. :lol:
    Sorry but Linkin Park is an iconic rock band. This song does not have the size and power to be the lead single for their new album. If this sound represents what we're getting on May 19th, I'll be a little worried.
    I kinda liked the song, it's catchy as fuck but this doesn't mean it's not generic and uninspired just like most of the mainstream pop songs. And doesn't fit Linkin Park at all.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You're going to get this on any fan community you go to. Not just for Linkin Park. Fans of all bands are like this, and it happens anytime a band does something different. Train completely went pop on their new album, and they got DESTROYED on Social Media by their fans. This isn't exclusive to our site, and shouldn't be labeled as such.

As for what you're referring to? Quite simply, some fans don't want to hear the same "I miss Hybrid Theory" arguments, when the band hasn't sounded like that since 2005. It's going on twelve years now, and the band, as evidenced by this track especially, are never going to return to the 'classic Linkin Park sound'.

Doesn't mean we're not welcoming of dissenting or different opinions here. Just some people are going to disagree with the 'THIS SONG SUCKS' opinions, while others are going to disagree with the love for the song. The band has polarized fans for years, and this song (and reaction) is exactly the same we hear every time the band does something different. Some people hate the track. So be it. It's nothing new.

3. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

31 years old here. Always come back when something new drops from LP.

Verdict: Extremely disappointed with this song. Some of you that know me from back in the day I am very picky about sound quality so for the first time I got to hear a whole new LP song straight off the bat in lossless quality thanks to TIDAL ... and wow nothing stood out. Sure the track had some noticeable LINKIN PARK synth in there but I didn't like the lyrics, didn't like the tone.. maybe I am just too old. Sounds like it's for the new crowd. 3.5/10

TheZlajaZlo and Reanimate02 like this.
  4. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Just finished listening to reanimation its been a while, reanimation has a blend of everything and its so well done, from the hip hop side, to the metal, to the heavy and soft elements and electronica
    Somewhere i belong received negative reception because it didnt sound like in the end i remember it clearly

TheInterframe likes this.
  5. Ai Ueo

Ai Ueo New Member

You're Guilty.

6. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I haven't posted here much in the last couple of years, but in my overall experience the LPA community has been quite open minded, far more so than the general LP fan community.

Iopia likes this.
  7. Derek

Thank you. We get this reputation of being close minded, and it's quite frankly...frustrating.

8. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

9. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Whether it's negative or positive, the song (and the band as well) is getting a lot of buzz, which can be interpreted as a good thing.

Like that "no publicity is bad publicity" saying.

Blake, linkinloch and Deliveranze like this.
  10. Mitch

Mitch YTB

The other thing I'd like to say is, how excited all the band members seem to be about new music. They genuinely look like they are having a great time and are really bloody excited.
    That's the impression I got from the live stream earlier, and I've got to say, its a little infectious.

Kilmer and Zakksalvo like this.
  11. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Damn this went from 0 to 100.

I remember how in THP era, the fans were satisfied and every song flew under the radar.

Now Heavy is blowing up. :lol:

12. AThousandLivingTheories

AThousandLivingTheories Mark The Graves

Here's my opinion on the song:

First, I'd like to say, I don't like Kiiara at all. I don't like her music, I don't like her lyrics.

But to my surprise, she did amazing on this song. Reminds me of PVRIS. She did so good...Hell, I think I prefer her part over Chester's. That's something I never expected to say.

Now, here's the pros and cons:

Pro:
    • Good chorus
    • Good lyrics
    • Great melody
    • Kiiara

Cons:
    • TOO. DAMN. SHORT.
    • Underwhelming.
    • Could really use a third verse.
    • Chester's voice in the first verse is alright, but it doesn't really do it for me.
    • Kinda unrelated to the song itself, but the album comes out in May? Can't wait that long.
    So yeah. I enjoyed this song. But I really hope the whole album isn't going to be like this. I love Linkin Park's electronic side, but this was very underwhelming and I hope they aren't totally doing away with any screaming or guitar heavy songs.

At this point, I'm rating the song a 7.5/10.

13. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

:fedora: I can't wait for the album.

14. Derek

For better or worse, this is the most widely discussed Linkin Park track I've seen in a very long time.

Zakksalvo, Reanimate02, Iopia and 5 others like this.
  15. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

same here! will be good one i feel

16. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Oh yeah, about your earlier post, mandylane.

Is it possible the music video they were shooting before is for an upcoming Heavy MV? Or for just another single entirely?

mandylane likes this.
  17. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I've been a fan since the start....yes I am old... although I don't think this is their best song...I really like it...far from the worst one. I would give it 9/10

18. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

Listened to it about a billion times by now - my impressions:
    I'm someone who loves all of Linkin Park's discography, with a slight preference for the Minutes To Midnight/A Thousand Suns phase. This song feels like something from A Thousand Suns with the pop/radio element dialed up to 11. That is not meant as a criticism or praise, just a fact. Mike stated they might try some really poppy stuff in one of the videos, so we shouldn't be surprised.
    The vocal interplay between Chester and Kiiara is really nice, even though the filter on Chester takes some getting used to.
    Lyrics are simple, but I feel have a deceptive amount of feeling and meaning behind them. I especially like 'I know I'm not the center of the universe, but you keep spinning round me just the same'.
    The overall sound/instrumentation, very pop/radio oriented like mentioned above. A few years ago, this song would have had layers of guitars on top.

Overall, the song is probably ideal as a first single. It reintroduces LP to the world, gets people arguing and talking about the song, for better or for worse, and definitely has the sound and length to fit on the radio. I wouldn't be surprised if it got quite high up the charts, which may be something the band felt was necessary after the (comparatively speaking) less accessible style of THP.
    I personally like the song without adoring it. I'm happy to have a new LP song, and something tells me the band knew this wasn't the best song on the record in any way. The best is definitely yet to come.

Choo Choo.

VorteXLP, TheInterframe and Kilmer like this.
  19. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

If you don't care then why did you bother to reply huh ? It's a public forum and everyone can share their views. I'm sorry for not complying with yours or anyone else's

Officially: ''Heavy'' already, after couple of hours since its release surpassed another lead single from LP: ''The Catalyst'' in numbers of dislikes on Youtube with just more than 460 k views vs The Catalyst with almost...115 million views. Yes, same ''The Catalyst'' that was hugely bashed back in 2010. It says it all.

20. Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

I'm always surprised, how they - almost 10 years after the release of M2M, which was a big deal - still polarise the fanbase THAT much. Time will tell how the song will develop in my case. I understand when people don't like it, it's the nature of things. But i absolutely don't get all the hate.

Kilmer and Evan like this.