Linkin Park In Studio?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    forgotten girl

forgotten girl Ambient

:wth: Meteora is an awesome album imo, as for HT. And i really can't wait for the next one. ^_^

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That's Warner Bros. milking it for all that it's worth. You can't seriously tell me that you think the number of videos a band puts out makes their album good or not. That's ridiculous.

The VMAs were voted for by the fans. It's the fan support for the band (not the album) that made singles get played alot. No matter how crappy the song is, most fans will continue to request videos and the stations will continue to play them.

Out of the 100+ reviews I've read about 'Meteora', about 7-10 of them were good. And most of them were paid reviewers.

TheChase

TheChase Well-Known Member

a third record is always an important release. look at the other artists: korn's "follow the leader" was their third and best record, slipknots "vol.3: the subliminal verse" is their third and probably best record, papa roach's "getting away with murder" was their third output after the major record 'infest' and many more of this sort.
    i think, linkin park will now show the way they go with their third record. will they stay at their pop/metal way, releasing tons of singles off of a short record, writing songs which are all in all similar to each one on the same record. or will they grab their roots, producing raw and "unpop" stuff, which is like hard to get in for the kiddy audience. i dont want them to make a hardcore metal rock record. not at all. i dont mind their rap stuff, but it shouldnt be that pop and radio friendly. if the first point happens - then goodbye to a great time.

shauniebecca

shauniebecca Member

All Im saying is Don't Be so discrete. and if you say something like that about LP than why are you even in this forum.. ??? Maybe some people say things about meteora but it is true that it did shake the world of what music could sound like. Breaking The Habit just proves that you don't have to be classified in one genre. Time is what LP needs to write the best songs. And By the way you can Sh$t on it and wait Cause knowone cares what your opinion is anyway.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

exactly ^_^

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I bring this up a lot with the newbies, but point me out to a rule in the forums where it actually says that you MUST like Linkin Park to be here. Oh, that's right, YOU CAN'T.

Maybe in your own little world, but Meteora was far from ground-shaking.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

All Im saying is Don't Be so discrete. and if you say something like that about LP than why are you even in this forum.. ??? Maybe some people say things about meteora but it is true that it did shake the world of what music could sound like. Breaking The Habit just proves that you don't have to be classified in one genre. Time is what LP needs to write the best songs. And By the way you can Sh$t on it and wait Cause knowone cares what your opinion is anyway. [/b][/quote]
    I never said Meteora was very bad.You need to learn some English.Meteora was a Hybrid Theory Part II.If they release A Hybrid Theory Part III then I'll stop being a LP fan

Yoshi

Yoshi Member

by the way:
    Limp bizkit released some riffs or complete tracks straight from studio on their website months before they released "results my vary".
    would you like it if lp would do that??
    Do you think they'll do it??

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

I don't think so.Bizkit did that because their popularity was on the decline after Wes's exit. So they did that just to increase the sale of their album.Anyway Fred Is the Vice-Prez of Interscope so he can have his way there.I don't think warner would allow LP to release the tracks on their site

Mark

Who the hell made you king of the playground? You think you can waltz in here and pick who stays and leaves?

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Damn right, Mark.

Another HT vs Meteora fight. We're becoming like those Star Trek fans that argue which captain was better, or some sht like that. I so hope that doesn't happen. Meteora was good, but it is no comparison to HT.

Yeah, late 2005!!!!! I was fearing it would extend to early 2006. Sweeeet!!! B)

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

You are f-ing right.The third album is not only improtant for the band but it had also done a lot for music.I do not know how many of you are Iron Maiden fans but any headbanger will tell you that their Number of the beast which was their third album will always be known as an album that changed Heavy Metal.The same can be said about Metallica's Master of Puppets which is still known as the best metal/thrash album.So for most bands #3=GOD :lol:

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

I read on RashRock.com that theyve chose a producer, whos worked with Deftones, Soulfly and Pantera.

Anyone know more on this?

weenie

weenie Well-Known Member

hope the third album will be great. i thought hybrid theory and meteora was great. reanimation was a little messed up but it was still good. i hope they can still make another hit with their third album. i actually like that tradition they carried on from hybrid theory. it's not bad

Mark

Where? It's not on their news page.

Ross Robinson has worked with Deftones ("Fist", "Root" & "Nosebleed" (Both demos), Slipknot ('Slipknot', 'Iowa'), Korn ('Life Is Peachy', 'Issues'), Cold ('Cold'), Sepultura ('Roots'), At The Drive-In ('Relationship of Command'), Soulfly ('Soulfly'), Machine Head ('Burning Red'), Limp Bizkit ('3 Dollar Bill Y'All'), Glassjaw ('Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence', 'Worship and Tribute'), The Cure ('The Cure'), the Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Scream 3 soundtracks and more.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I also can't find anything about it on that site are you sure it was that site?

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

I searched on other sites but I couldn't get that bit of news.I guess all this talk about a new producer is a rumour

Mark - "Ross Robinson has worked with Deftones ("Fist", "Root" & "Nosebleed" (Both demos), Slipknot ('Slipknot', 'Iowa'), Korn ('Life Is Peachy', 'Issues'), Cold ('Cold'), Sepultura ('Roots'), At The Drive-In ('Relationship of Command'), Soulfly ('Soulfly'), Machine Head ('Burning Red'), Limp Bizkit ('3 Dollar Bill Y'All'), Glassjaw ('Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence', 'Worship and Tribute'), The Cure ('The Cure'), the Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Scream 3 soundtracks and more."

I am damn sure Mark that Ross is not the LP producer.That is because humans are not omnipresent :p .Ross is somewhere in the hills of northern California recording with Limp Bizkit as he is their producer for the next album.So he is completely ruled out :lol:

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

crap! Funeral For A Friend have chosen that dude as their producer not LP..ooops

lp15girl

lp15girl Active Member

B) I dont care who will be LP's producer..........I think ..whether their next next album will be so good or not,,,,,,,it all depends on LP's creativity..............how they make good songs.....how they play good melody...sound...and evrything................it all will prove whether their album is good or not :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.