Linkin Park Interview in Upset Magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 14, 2017.

Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Sad to say that is true so far at this point. But I mean I don't think they just meant that they just did the process in reverse since they stressed it so much they focused on the lyrics, I mean what else can be implied other than that?

I do agree complexity isn't everything about the quality of the song though. Heck, 'Robot Boy' has probably the most repetitive and simple lyrics being written, yet it's such an arresting soulful song, and maybe more so than the current 3 songs released. But then again, it's more than just lyrics that makes me love 'Robot Boy' more than the other 3 so it'll be unfair for me to compare. All in all, I'm still looking forward to the album(esp OML), even if my usual hype for an LP album has gone down a bit.

Malvar and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

brady likes this.
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I wish there was more of a description of some of the actual music.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

The gif war has begun. Prepare your ammunition, people.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I like how threads here actually turn always away from the topic :rofl:

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Interesting interview. I always prefer the more personal side of the band, and actually I don't care if the lyrics are that simple. Maybe because english is not my first language, I use to identify more with these lyrics and themes. And I think is a very good idea having songs with maybe sad and depressing lyrics but with a more happy and optimistic instrumental, that gives sort of a good message to move on and solve your problems.

Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

Useless fact: probably the first interview where they appear both hatless

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Confirmed: Album will suck now. Hats are gone.

AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain to me what "opening glitch" could mean?
    I only know the word "glitch" as a bug in a computer program. Sorry, German here :lol:

TobyReen likes this.
    YazooRafa

YazooRafa New Member

First of all, yes, this will be my first post.
    Second: Sorry for my bad english.

Third and not less important: I've never seen so many ATS fans, what happened to the "shit eletronic album, with only interludes, no songs, no guitars, bla bla bla"? It's my favorite album, and I remember very well a lot of ppl saying those things some years ago...but now, wow, things seems a lot different. (I'm not saying that are the same guys, just to make it clear)

It makes me think that what OML needs to be "accepted" is just that the 8th album launch soon, so the 8th will be the "shit, THISISNOTMYLP, Sellout band, wtf they're doing? I can do it better". Because, seriously, it seems that most of the ppl who appears when LP launchs an album are the critics, that's kinda funny. This is my first post, but i've been here for a while, years. And it's just funny how much of you seems to expect so much for these guys, you know...expecting nothing less than EPIC. WTH, did they do that anytime in their careers?

Don't get me wrong, I'm huge LP fan, but I guess that some part of being a fan, it's kinda know what band / singer you are following, you know. I'm not saying about their sound, but about what they really are, as a band, and what they do about the whole scenario as an artists. Bringing new stuff. That's for me is LP.

And, being a fan of LP, YOU MUST KNOW that they always make an album out of their patterns. We are already at the 7th album and still we have a lot of ppl waiting for the "#TRUELPALBUM", for the "#THISISMYLP", "#THEYAREBACK". We know that they will not gain any more Grammys, that they will not sell more than HT, that they will not be that famous anymore...just, accept this, it's not just about their sound, it's the times, you know?

Well, to finish what I have to say, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind about OML, but, it's funny some commentaries, about how X song sounds too pop, or how much looks Overproduced, too much radio friendly...and, saying that wil not be a fan anymore. It's just, that i've read this a lot of times in so many album cycles, that makes me wonder what ppl are expecting from LP...for real. I guess that I could put my thoughts in words, tried the better that I could, since i cannot speak english, but, that is.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Maybe something like the Blackout breakdown?

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Last I checked, 7/10 songs haven't been heard yet. Or am I missing something? Have you heard a leak of the entire album? If not, you haven't heard 70% of it.

With this logic you should also make like those iTunes reviewers and go rate the album poorly based off of 1-3 songs.

Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Welcome to LPA.

What you're seeing is what Shinoda called the vocal minority back around ATS. You're more likely to hear when someone hates the album, than when they like it, because the angry or disappointed fans are the most likely to voice their opinion. People unfortunately are just far more likely to post their opinion's publicly if it's a complaint, than if they're satisfied. That's why you only hear about customer service PROBLEMS with businesses usually as opposed to compliments.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I swear it's shit like this that makes me think he's never heard anything outside the top 40.

Agent likes this.
    Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Well that thought obviously doesn't make sense

beachdude42 and brady like this.
    Kilmer

Kilmer Well-Known Member

I wonder what happened to the song Chester wrote when Scott died, but judging from what we know it didn't make the album, there are only a couple that we don't know the inspiration behind yet

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Mike didn't think it was pop enough, so he trashed it. :halfkappa:

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I wouldnt have given two sh*ts if they did a country or jazz album, but to make this generic pop garbage like everyone is disgusting just to gain new fans and to be relevant again. This is not experimenting or evolving. I mean as much as a i hate ATS to death atleast they experimented on it. But this trash. LP are a bunch of hypocrites