Linkin Park Launches LPU XIII - Tracklisting And Other Details Here

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Dado Di Stefano

Dado Di Stefano New Member

If you listen "Primo" carefully, at around 3:23 some background synths reminds me "Blackout"!

2. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

3. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Holding Company is the greatest thing.

4. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Was dissapointed with LPU13.
    Wasn't dissapointed with sleep, should've been longer though.
    Was dissapointed with the fact I had to go to school.

5. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I completely forgot that song even existed...

6. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I like the fact the heavy guitars in "Cumulus" comes off as a surprise. Well, if you ignore the fact it's a Meteora demo.

But the first time I listened to this new LPU CD, I didn't knew what the tracklist was, I didn't looked at it beforehand. So by the time it went into "Cumulus", I first though "I'ts probably a MTM demo". And then, BAM, you got the hard guitars going, which I honestly wasn't expecting after hearing the first verse. Nice surprise, and nice contrast right there!

7. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I love Foot Patrol. I want Mike to rap like that again

8. Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

Yeah, I've heard enough HB demos. I want more Meteora and A Thousand Suns. It was nice to see some Living Things.

9. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Im a huge lp fan and have been for years and i love the fact the the band give us demos in the first place. But im not a blind follower that will just love anything the band puts out. It baffles me once again no grecian or the piano/drum tracking song from meteora dvd didnt make it. Those 2 songs sound miles better than a lot of the stuff we have heard on the last couple lpu cds. From the clips of them we heard they almost sounded complete just no vocals except the chester scream on grecian. Know Im not hatin, I know these are demos so i don't expect much from the beginning i just don't get how a song like universe gets on and grecian doesn't. It almost makes me think maybe they are saving those 2 for a future album perhaps. I just get hyped for these cause everyone hear seems to LOVE the songs, than I listen and im like man really? I definitely think this year was a step up from last year though. I think another big part of it is I prefer the early days of lp and they really loaded all the good demos from those it seems on previous lpu cds. Sorry im ranting, Im just disappointed another year and we still dont have 1 of those two songs. I really enjoyed the sib demo. Id freakin love to have access to the lp vault and be able to pick the lpu 14 cd. I feel I would pick such an awesome collection lol. I just would think when the band sits down to pick demos,they go through each album session and try to pick the best, I think i may be wrong about that though considering stuff that has made it vs some stuff we all know about already. Id love more meteora demos and im dying to hear this HEAVY mtm we almost got and grecian definitely fits in that category. Anyway, when it all comes down to it im spoiled cause most bands dont even do this. So I enjoy what we get and hope maybe next year we will get 1 of those 2 songs. Anyone else disappointed about not getting those 2 demos? Ill never forget skipping through meteora looking for that piano/drum song only to be let down, that feeling has happened every year for the last 10 now lol. PS..I freakin love that little noise joe does in the SIB demo chorus. Does he do that in the normal version? I really hope the whole using the computer less rumor is true cause I really miss the more band oriented sound of the early lp. Compare sib demo to ANY demo more recent and its like a whole different league to me. The more recent demos are more like quick ideas done on a computer that consist of weird noises and maybe a little guitar here and there where as SIB demo is way more fleshed out and has that organic band feel.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  10. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Am I the only one who doesn't like that Meteora Piano drum demo at all?

11. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

1. Good to know you're aware of that

2. Back to point one. Shouldn't you be happy to get something in the first place? Too much entitlement here.

3. No.

4. Back to point two.

5. How can you feel you'd pick "such an awesome collection" if you don't even know what's in it? We only know a tiny little small percentage of actual demos.

Then all of your previous rant renders useless.

And one last thing. Paragraphs, please.

12. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Hate to break it to you, but the only member of Linkin Park who had anything to do with Universe was Mike.

Inside Living Things/LPTV episodes: All instances showing the band working on Lost in the Echo in the studio clearly say "Lost In the Echo - Working Title: Holding Company" on the screen.

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Good.

Now, learn to use paragraph breaks.

14. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

Cumulus.... Wtf did they smoke? Hahaha that's sounds ..dis(gust)hearing :D

15. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

i agree with what you are saying. we get demos every year which most bands dont just hand out, but on the other hand wouldnt it be easier for them to pick the demos that they know fans want?

i think this is probably the weakest LPU i've heard, not a fan, a lot of boring generic songs in there. Foot Patrol is good.

If i could choose any demo i'd want a lyric demo of In My Remains and the vocal part of Chesters Until It Breaks. both would be brilliant. still a bit baffled why there was no In My Remains remix on RECHARGED

16. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

Haha you don't know anything about the "old" onces, where they've been (almost) only live recordings ;) I'm really surprised that they finally do what we wished back In 2006... Demos demos demos.... Now we have them and even if I'm not listening to Lp as much as I used to: I'm happy about them. these demos are the unpolished work for an album... It is great to have them!

17. Anonymous Person

I think we should be happy that we got another LPU and that we have this awesome band to listen to. Thanks.

18. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

I said if i had access to the vault id pick an awesome lpu...meaning if i got to go through the demos. I thought that was clear enough. @andreina im guessing you love lpu13? Entitlement would of sounded more like, WTF how come we didn't get those songs! This is not fair! etc etc I meant it as an honest question. There are demos we do know of that a lot of fans want. Knowing this,it just surprises me that with some of the stuff they have added on previous lpu cds that these were not included. Now what would a reason be for not releasing them,maybe they think there potential good ideas for the future and are saving them? Who knows. @andreina How do you know there not? Are you involved in the creative process with linkin park? A lot of bands use ideas from previous demos.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  19. Anonymous Person

Some of us did.

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

5.0 and 7.0 were pretty much a slap in the face to anyone who paid up, definitely.

I appreciate that the band have put out so many demos but, personally, I'd love to see a brief return to the mixed-bag approach that was used for 2.0 and 4.0. Demos on demos on demos could get overly repetitive