Linkin Park: Live in Berlin!

Discussion in 'News' started by Hahninator, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

I think he says grieve instead of greed because like Bling Wizard said they don't use the same words in the same verse.. and i think grieve also means sorrow....
    but hey thats me i could/should be wrong :lol:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. EazyLee

EazyLee Well-Known Member

That's the louadest I've heard an audience sing along with Linkin Park live, in the What I've Done one.

3. mrbusto71

mrbusto71 Member

Figure I'd supplant what I could discern of the parts you couldn't get. They should be bolded now, but just in case I replaced them in your thing with Caps on as well.

I think the bridge is

Thief and Hypocrite x3.

Just my interpretation. Think it sounds right, and fits the song. Anyone?

4. Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

Edit: I love that EBow effect of No More Sorrow....simple yet powerful and effective!

5. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I merged your posts, but you don't need to repeat yourself if your post doesn't show up immediately. Because of the new album and the resulting influx of new members (many of who neglect to read the rules), all posts for members with under 50 posts are moderated and approved if they abide by the rules and are contributing. Just be patient for your post to be approved. :)

6. linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

thank you so much to everyone involved in getting these clips out there damn awesome...not long at all till the album drops

7. cle127

cle127 Well-Known Member

erm, pardon me, but i don think that was Chester's voice that cracked.
    after careful listening to the song with head phones, i actually think it was the sound of the guitars.

at 2.03 theres already one , followed by another at 2.13 which made it sounded like Chester's voice cracked. but if you listened with head phones, he actually screamed the word misery perfectly =)

8. Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

LPA rules.
    enough said.

9. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

What he said.

:cloud:

10. NoBrain2k

NoBrain2k Active Member

Hey there, first post ;)

I find it quite amusing that LP go wrong in given up. I honestly can't ever remember hearing them make a mistake ever and I've seen them live about 5 times now. I even saw them at the LPU Nottingham (UK) rock city show when they first (I think) played some of the new songs from Meteora in front of a live audience and they played perfectly then.

Maybe they're not robots after all :D

11. cle127

cle127 Well-Known Member

hmm apart from Chester screaming the bridge earlier i cant find any other mistakes, if you reckon that it was Chester screaming that cracked, its not scroll up alittle to my previous post.. hehe =)

12. NoBrain2k

NoBrain2k Active Member

I'm not convinced about Chester's voice cracking either... but if it was it sounds painful :blink:

I think the bridge went on longer than it was supposed to or something, and Rob seems to go back into the chorus wrong... I am at work so i can't listen to it now but from i remember something is like a beat out right at the end of thee bridge. Thats the mistake I am referring to. Like you say it could be chester coming in too early or something.

The songs sound great anyway :D this is all taking me back to when Meteora was released, good times!

13. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Wow both No More Sorrow and Given up are great, jeeze why cant the album be out this Tuesday! Well I guess I can wait 2 or so weeks, thats gonna be an awesome day!

14. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I thought the bridge was a little screwy, too.

15. cle127

cle127 Well-Known Member

Yea, its definately not his voice that cracked.

if u listen to the point at 2.03, it is the exact same high pitch sound that happened in 2.13, at the part where chester screams the word misery. And it happens that at the point of 2.03 mins, chester was not screaming. =)

So i reckon it is the sound of either brad's or mike's guitar.
    and if u were to listen with a head phone, at 2.13 mins u definately can hear chester screaming the word misery perfectly =D

16. Swifty64

Swifty64 Member

I have to disagree.
    I think it is Chester's voice that cracked. That's why he doesn't scream the next line properly.
    The noise you can hear under Chester is the guitar but it's the semi pinched harmonic sound thats supposed to be there and it is played correctly. It's the same sound thats played at the start of the bridge (1:58), at 2:03 and again at 2:13. The other noise which i believe is Chester's voice cracking actually happens at 2:12, before the noise of the guitar pinching (2:13).
    Listen to the real recording and you'll hear the guitar pinch sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRz_nRecloM

So i believe it is Chester's voice that cracked over the guitar sound.

As for the timing, after listening to the recorded track and this live one it is Chester who comes in too early. He should have left it another bar before starting the misery screams. Because he comes in too early it seems the rest of the band aren't exactly sure what to do when Chester finishes. Some seem to adapt and shorten it to go with what Chester did and others carry on with how it should be.
    Brad cuts the guitar short and plays the end bridge riff to match the incorrect vocals however Rob appears to carry on drumming as it should be and it kinda goes a bit wrong. They just keep playing that ending of the bridge until Chester realises what he's done and comes back in with the vocals to take them out of the bridge and back into the chorus.

17. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

i wouldnt go nuts whether his voice cracked or not..Chester's screaming kicks ass..that might be his first time screaming like hes Corey Taylor from Slipknot/Stone Sour or something, lol..i wouldnt worry about it..hes still got it in my opinion. If his voice did crack, thats only 1 time, so it's cool.

18. reevez

reevez Member

Woah have you noticed how long Chester holds that scream? He doesn't stop! Greeaat! I love all of you guys who made this avaiable!

19. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I agree, it's not that big of a deal, lol. Even if his voice did crack, I think it's cool because it shows that they aren't just robots. ^_^

20. Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

LPA kicks motherfucking ass. That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.