Linkin Park - One More Light | Release Day Thread

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 18, 2017.

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Great work LPA staff. Congrats to everyone who made it to album release. Congratulations to all the people waiting for the leak, for the release, to those who actually like and love this record.

Sorry for those who don't. Sorry for now.

nike724

nike724 Member

Just wanted to say I'm one the hardcore fans who is always waiting for new LP and loving every bit of the anticipation of a new record. This cycle has been amazing (and long...) but what a pay off after to listening to one of my favourite albums from the band.

Thoughts on the album, I'm never good a giving a rating or a score, just that I love, enjoy and appreciate every moment and the ways it flows from beginning to end.

Congratulations to LP and especially to LPA and other fansites, it's been so much fun!

Nobody can save is me just keeps getting better!!

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

Been great to follow the album hype from LPA this cycle! Can't wait for tommorow when my pre-order comes cos from the good things I've heard on here, I can safely assume it'll be up with Living Things as one of my favourite Linkin Park albums.

JSigcha10

JSigcha10 Well-Known Member

Ironically enough as I typed my comment, I received the shipping email. I really hope it comes by tomorrow lmao

*EDIT*
    It says May 23rd delivery date. Seriously? -_- that's such crap

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

At least yours isn't still pending and "not shipped".

JSigcha10 likes this.
    JSigcha10

JSigcha10 Well-Known Member

That was me until literally 30 minutes ago. I have no idea why it took so long, I preordered in February. Ugh.

tripleh3lix likes this.
    ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

No point to pre order if we can't get it til the 23rd.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

In one hour and 7 minutes I can finally listen to it on Spotify.

ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

The album has definitely grown on me, and I find myself itching to listen to it when I'm not. The singles are definitely better in the grand mix of the album as a whole, as opposed to comparing them individually.

It took me a few listens to really "get" ATS, and now I consider it my favourite album by LP. I can see the same idea coming to play here.

Good stuff. Real good. Can't wait to hear OML live in October.

Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Why they did not release Talking to Myself as launch single?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Because they didn't want to release Talking to Myself as a launch single.

Abel, tripleh3lix and Brawler like this.
    AndyKay

AndyKay Member

My copy fortunately arrived on Thursday :lol:
    And i must say,as Derek previously stated in the other thread,you really have to listen to it at few times.
    After a few times of listening,it really got me. OML itself is amazing,one of my favorites ^_^

Looking forward to all the upcoming events.

To all you guys holding out for release: Wish you as much fun as i have listening to it in its entirety :thumbsup:

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Nobody Can Save Me and One More Light are easily the best tracks on the record. Saddest songs, also. If the whole album was filled with songs like those it might have been my favorite LP album

HEAD FIRST HALLUCINATIONNNN

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Second listening party is underway. :clap:

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I love the organ sounding synth in Talking to Myself.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I got to listen to the standard CD (from Amazon) as soon as I got home from my girlfriends. I listened to it once and then went back over the songs a second time that I didn't listen to originally (only heard Heavy and Battle Symphony during the build-up cycle) and I have to say, it's a very enjoyable album. I'm planning on listening to it again from start to finish a couple more times tomorrow at full blast on my stereo (can't now as family in bed) and I'll also make sure to listen to it on my iPod, which will be awesome!

I have to give a shout out to the track, One More Light though, that song made my tear up with the meaningful lyrics, the beautifully sung vocals of Chester Bennington, such a captivating delivery from the great man; the guitar and the synths that compliment the acoustic and stipped down vibe, it was a song that hit me hard and was so powerful. I also have to thank the band for Good Goodbye, which is an absolute banger (Mike owns that verse and Chester has one of the catchiest choruses ever!) and I found Sorry For Now really fun to listen to, where Mike really shines with his vocals. Talking To Myself was a real highlight, a very catchy song that has some cool riffs and I love Chester's vocals, especially when he brings out his raspy side on some of the words in the chorus/bridge. I was also a huge fan of Halfway Right, I was enthralled by the message in this one, as if Chester is speaking to himself when he was a kid and the build up to the end... incredible! Sharp Edges was a great way to conclude the album also... I adored the final minute of that song and how much energy it has after the quiet, folk-esque beginning.

Overall, a really solid release by the band, I'm a fan of the personal lyrics and the sound. I will be typing up a full review, hopefully tomorrow or over the weekend and will post it here. First, I will need to listen to the album more and more and digest it. That and I'm sure there's more sounds, production and moments I will pick up that I didn't hear on my stereo.

I'm very proud of this band.

Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

This is their worst album.
    It's still great though :D
    I just feel that they needlessly limited themselves in a few areas (length, instrumentation).
    And I'm missing a 5-6 minute long track where they go bonkers (like a ALITS, in terms of complexity) :p
    Plus one more song (or two) wouldn't have hurt.

I dont't know how much replay value this has, but I'm on finding out :D

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I feel like you're going to need to reevaluate the opinion that the instrumentation is limited. Next few times you listen to the album, pay attention to the actual instrumentation. There is SO MUCH going on in every song. It's probably the most organic music they've written, with everything shifting and flowing. Elements in verse 1 of song A will never show up again, a guitar part will play and you realize it's mirroring something else in the song, or whatever. For the day of the leak, a lot of us were finding new things to appreciate in the music with every listen.

Abel likes this.
    Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I concur with what Minus said, I absolutely loved the interchanging of the instruments in some songs, you'll have some catchy beats in one verse and then in the second verse a guitar is suddenly heard predominantly and adds a new layer to the track. Then said guitar will disappear in the third part and the synths kick in again with distorted guitars later on. That's literally what happens in one of the tracks (forgot which one) and that's why as I said in my post prior, I'll definitely have to listen to this on my iPod on my earphones to listen out for the sounds and moments I may have missed. I really appreciate the different layers the band added to each track.

Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Based on a first listen it's a really enjoyable album. TTM,NCSM,HR and SE stand out but not as much as OML and SFN. The singles i feel are enjoyable but probably because i've heard them their replay value except Invisible and BS are very low. The instrumentals are really interesting and its such an upbeat album which is enjoyable. I'm sure my opinion will change in time. It's not their best album but it's surprisingly good so it sits in at my 3rd favourite at the moment.