Linkin Park Premiere "Talking To Myself" Live in Buenos Aires

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 7, 2017.

1. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Oh, but that said site has reported fake leak in the past. And the comments are pointing towards it being the case again. But who knows.

2. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Several reports as a fake leak. The site has a history of sending out leak alert emails. All they need is 2-3 people to report it as leaked, and it's not leaked. I can't find it and it's not out there. It's a false alarm. That was my fault because I got the email, however I said "it was reported as leaked?"

I never said it leaked. I just got an email about it from hasitleaked saying it did. The two people that are listed there who "reported it" I looked into: they are ghost profiles and one just created one 30 minutes ago.

It's most likely people trolling.

3. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

Oh damn. Sorry guys. Got too excited :(

Back to checking every few minutes I guess.

Edit: original post deleted. Sorry again.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  4. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

On that note, TTM really rose up my hype level for OML. Good Goodbye was sort of a growner in the end, but I'm still not big on Heavy and Battle Symphony

Anyway, looking forward!

5. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

i dont think it's a fake leak !
    Let's check it more?

6. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I can't stop listening to the first verse. Sounds so much like an 80's synth pop ballad.

7. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

It IS a fake leak. Don't bother looking for it.

8. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

damn yeah..

9. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm 100% about Living Things because it was a day before my birthday. I was sad at first it couldn't be released one day later, but the silver lining was at least I could listen to it from the moment I woke up on my birthday if I wanted to. Digitally this could happen anyway, but my tradition is to drive out to a town or city that's new for me, buy the CD there, check out this new town, then my drive home is long enough to listen to the album in full, in surround sound, front to back, at least once depending on how far out from home I went.

10. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

I'm personally a fan of sad songs over happy songs as well. I like emotional music ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meteorain and Michele like this.
  11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Somehow kind of doubt that "One More Light" will be a really dark song

12. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

"One More Light" probably gonna feel like a MTM cut.

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

nah, I'm definitely getting srs "Meteora" vibes from all the descriptions :halfkappa:

ciao_fiv, Daniel Price and Sasuke like this.
  14. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I've always said it's gonna be the new TLTGYA, so my expectations are very high.
    Better not to disappoint me again Linkin Park :halfkappa:

Deliveranze and Daniel Price like this.
  15. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Heavy was likely the most different from the rest of the album and everything they had done before, so I'd imagine the idea was to put out what would have been the most 'jarring' or surprising at first, have everyone get used to it over the course of a few months, and then let the other material sound a little more like "regular Linkin Park" and easier to digest.

If this was the first single, and then something like BS, and then Heavy, I'd imagine the reception being even worse.

Meteorain likes this.
  16. Daniel Price

Daniel Price Member

This is exactly what I think, also I think that they released Heavy to attract a load of attention, whether good or bad it has got/had a lot of listeners, and I'm actually seeing a lot more positive reactions now after the release of BS, GG and the live version of TTM. Looking forward to Friday to hear Invisible, it's an awesome birthday present :D

17. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

Does anyone else feel like this gives off an ABBA/Ghost vibe? The intro and parts of the first verse especially.

Favorite one so far.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  18. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

This is so much better than the other 3 songs! I'm afraid that the studio version may not sound as good though. Hopefully I'm wrong.

19. Rhel

Rhel Member

Easily my favourite so far, I'm okay with Battle Symphony, I like Good Goodbye, I've grown to really like Heavy, but this is the first one that just immediately clicked with me even from the first few synth sounds. Plus the guitar and the intense singing/notquitescreaming helps, I guess it just shows that I primarily came to Linkin Park from a rock angle. And it still keeps some of that dancy pop sound we've heard from the album so far. I wanna hear what the album version's like now, probably a bit less rockish I'd imagine.
    Also, who said LP doesn't do angsty lyrics about how someone else just doesn't understand or listen anymore ^^

minuteforce likes this.
  20. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

One thing I've observed, that probably isn't a big deal, perhaps nitpicky...

The ending of the chorus, the final line, kind of left me thinking an impactful line was coming, for lack of a better term. "I won't let you feel that now" was almost like... the easy answer? So you'd think something else is coming, maybe? Not that I know what would work better in its place.

I still really like the song, this doesn't exactly ruin anything for me, but the reason I noticed it I think is because I had the same thought when I heard the snippet of One More Light -- after "Who cares if one more light goes out"..... "Well I do"

I know it's sung in a way where it's not that simplistic... and I'm sure I'm still going to love that song and it won't hurt it... but... I dunno. I think I'm thinking too much about it just because it's the final line of the chorus in both cases, so often the last thing you hear, vocally. Or at least the last thing you hear before a tail-off of instrumental. And maybe with past songs, that final line has been slightly more satisfying, again for lack of a better term.

Anybody even kind of remotely get where I'm coming from? lol

I completely understand and get where you're coming from with this, and I even agree with most of it, but that dude was literally saying "Absolutely every song"...."had a unique ending section from the rest of the song".... maybe I read it wrong, but I read that as taking songs individually, and describing them each that way, and thus that's how I responded to what he said. If you take the 4 songs I mentioned as their own, then I absolutely don't think that's true. If you take the album front to back, as you usually listen to music, then yes for sure I can see what you mean, and I agree that's one of the reasons A Thousand Suns was so good at what it aimed to do, which was to be an album that works best when listened to in that way. The change-ups as you go through it, etc.

I personally didn't feel by the time I got to I'll be Gone on Living Things that "Haven't I heard this repeatedly already?" like a few of you have, but I can at least see what you mean. To me, Lost in the Echo had enough differences from the others -- In My Remains, Burn it Down, I'll be Gone all didn't have Mike rapping verses like Echo did. They were all led by Chester, other than Lies Greed Misery. Burn it Down was the only one with the classic intermingling outro that I love when LP does. In My Remains, as you mentioned, had that standout bridge. Lies Greed Misery, as you also mentioned, also had its differences. All of them had instrumentals different enough from each other that I was happy and satisfied). Honestly, and I don't mean to speak for anybody but myself, but I have a feeling that I'll be Gone felt that way for some of you guys because it had similarities to past LP discography in general. I'm not saying it wasn't also because you felt you had heard such similar things on tracks 1-4 of Living Things as well, but I have a feeling this was also a factor. Maybe I'm wrong. Just a hunch.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Iopia likes this.