Linkin Park Premiere "Until It's Gone" Music Video on Facebook

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Jun 11, 2014.

Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

This Came In As A Surprise! :D

SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

That music video was really nice!! It reminds me of The Catalyst a bit!!
    I think that great beat between Until It's Gone and Rebellion should have been some kind of a full rap song :D

dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

The video was nice but I wish they had chosen a better song to put across the sentiments behind The Hunting Party.
    Nothing will ever beat the WFTE video.I got legit chills from watching it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    hi_c21

hi_c21 Figure.21

Reiterating the gist of the consensus, but the sepia tones and the overlap effects are really great. A well done, true to the definition MUSIC. VIDEO. Tells a nice story, not too over the top.

Including the interlude at the end was definitely odd, maybe to get people curious and check out the record?

And yeah, Chester's mannerisms are still evident as always, but I've learned to just accept it as a staple in LP videos. I don't remember seeing much of Joe, which is probably how he wants it but is a shame. Good to see the rest of the band in the spotlight though.

Probably my favorite since What I've Done. Well done, Mr. Hahn.

DeleLP

DeleLP Member

The end what?

Fernando Nuñez

Fernando Nuñez Well-Known Member

Cool! I though they wouldn't release music videos in this album cycle. It's great to see them again. :D

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

It's a solid video but the shaky cam is overused a bit. Especially when the shaky shots get mixed with the static ones. The inclusion of the infamous random "baby-outro" is off-putting as well. But overall, it does its job well as the music video. Like I said in the shoutbox, the video actually makes the song sound more intense than it actually is, which works in UIG's favour.

I like when the background videos together with the band faces together create this weird imagery, though. There's this shot where a piece of cloth (?) is being ripped apart in the background, but together with Chester's face it looks like someone's pulling the skin off his face. That's where I think the background videos are used well. Other shots are a bit random (like the enviromental shots, like the highway shots, making it look too much like the "True Detective" opening sequence). Don't really get what's up with the crystals either, other than it's part of the album's art direction. Doesn't really have any purpose here to me.

But again, solid video. Way more interesting than any video they did during LT.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

There will be both. Waiting For The End got the same treatment.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Like the video! Like SelDfC already said, it really reminds me of the Catalyst or the WFTE video.

This video supports the song pretty well. I have to admit (despite all the hate here for UIG) I really like the song. It's energetic, has a nice vibe (I especially like the harmonic and atmospheric verses. Together with the catchy synth and the guitars it sounds a bit like a mixture of ATS and Meteora for me.
    Of course it could do with less repetitive lyrics, but I still like it.
    For example the interlude (don't know how you call it) with the deep electronic sound in the background getting louder could have led into a second part of the song which maintains the vibe of this interlude and features a dark rap or something.

Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

Upon 2nd viewing I like it more but I think there is too much shaky cam. There is something else that I don't like about it but I can't put my finger on it. Overall good video I guess.

Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

Definitely one of my favorite mv by LP

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

A bit creepy but I love it! Really cool!

hi_c21

hi_c21 Figure.21

Progression? I don't know much music terminology either. Hopefully that's helpful? Maybe? Question mark?

The interlude would be the transition to or from another song.

Vic

Vic No game no life

Great video. I like it.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Maybe it's right, but I'm sure there is a proper term for it. Maybe someone else here knows it. :D

snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

One of Linkin Park's finest. It's incredible. And I still stand by my word - the song is incredible. Easily the best on the album, and easily top 5 of their discography. Have had the song on my mind ever since the album leaked (heard it once before, it was a personal rule).

master360

master360 Well-Known Member

one of their best mv!!

greenstorm

greenstorm Member

cool mv, kinda reminds me of the catalyst. but my favorite is still Waiting for the end

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The execution could have maybe been a little better, but overall this is a solid video and maybe even Joe Hahn's best.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Hmm, I wonder why they would include the snippet at the end? Maybe because they are making a video for Rebellion. C'mon guys! It'll start off with the light and go into Rebellion! I'm feeling pretty confident about my guess :D But that's all it is: just a guess.