Linkin Park Releases Studio Update #2

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Mar 22, 2016.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

I Also hope it sells well ... Seing THP out of the year s top 20 beaten by a lot of less relevant bands is sad ... It did not even get gold in the US , and that s even more sad because is an amazing record

Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

I agree although i'd like something that heads more towards ATS. THP had some really decent songs but it did take me a while to get into it. Although this maybe unpopular but I'd like some elements from LT and MTM to be implemented as well as I think some of the elements could go really well with it. It does depend on which route they go with it though because I can imagine this one route that'll shatter all my hopes but at the moment i'm not getting that vibe so it's all good

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I want something not like ATS, not like MTM, not like LT, not like THP, and not like Hybrid Theory or Meteora.

Come at me.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Ha, that's what I want, as well. As soon as the first snippet of the lead single comes out, I wanna be like HOLY SHIT THIS IS LINKIN PARK!? Give us Something completely fresh LP, do it!

Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Something new! I like the idea

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

LP bro-country punk :kappa:

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Lmao with some opera sprinkled in for good measure.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Since THP didn't sold very well, i think the label will push LP to make more comercial songs on this next one. In the podcast with Mike, it was clear that the WB gave them a lot creative space even if they knew THP wasn't going to top the charts. But i'm thinking that WB will 'demand' some comercial guarantees this time.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I used to say something kind of similar.

"The best way to make an ATS2 is to make an album that sounds absolutely nothing like ATS."

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Nothing they do will ever age well like Hybrid Theory. And I love THP, but yeah you're right its not aging well
    to me Meteora is dead, M2M is dead, ATS is really dead, LT dead, THP starting to die. Hell even Reanimation

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

And they did, it's called The Hunting Party :kappa:

I like how they seem to emphasize the word "stories"
    Imagine if the lyrics of the album were small stories, in the vain of "Devil Drop" and "Kenji".
    You know, real shit, not just a bunch of catch phrases created to get stuck in your head.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Minus

Funny. The only album of theirs that has aged well to me is MTM and ATS. I can barely tolerate HT, yet MTM and ATS still remain gold standard.

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Reanimation has aged well imo. Still epic. It's a shame they didn't carry over more elements from that into Meteora.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, love being able to get that reaction from others.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Keep in mind that people will remember LP for HT, because it was their first album to get them famous
    that album will never get old, ill be listening to that even when im really old, i mean as soon as papercut starts
    its just an explosion of epicness.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

LOL can't forget the nu-nu metal LP will be pioneering :kappa:

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I don't know what you're trying to say, just because an album is their most popular doesn't mean that it'll age the best. HT's a great album but it's extremely dated, from the guitar tone to the scratching, it's a product of its time. That's not a bad thing, many great albums are, from Pet Sounds to Nevermind, but ATS is much more timeless to me (and I think many here would agree).

Totally, I think people sometimes misunderstand what we mean when we say we want "another ATS". I don't want them to keep repeating what they've already done, I want them to revisit the attitude they took on when writing that album, of trying to prove their potential to themselves, of trying to deconstruct everything they'd ever learned about songwriting over their entire career and channelling that creative energy into creating something completely unique from what we've head before.

That being said, I wouldn't exactly be complaining if they released another literal ATS. :lol:

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Honestly that was my reaction when I heard GATS. The guitars, Rakim, the solo, it was all so fresh, and that's what made that song an excellent choice for a lead single and why that song has remained one of my favorites by them.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Wow, this thread kind of became depressing when people started talking about how "dead" one album or another is to them. If most albums from any given band are "dead" or uninteresting, how can one still be invested or interested in that band?

Also, I listened to almost the entire first half of THP today on the way home from work, and it was an absolute blast. There's no way THP has "aged" for me, as I can mostly enjoy it whenever I listen to it. That said, the intro to KTTK can still be very rough when listening to random songs on shuffle :lol:

Edit: Oh, almost forgot that I should probably comment on the thread itself :lol:
    While this second update doesn't really shed light on anything new, it has at least reaffirmed the band's willingness to take an entirely new approach (for them) to writing this album. Focusing on lyrics and melodies first, then crafting the instrumentals around the laid out lyrics, can only bring about songs with stronger themes and actual lyrical depth, at least in theory. Only time will tell how the "lyrics first, sound second" approach will pan out for LP. Personally, I feel that this will bring about a refreshing listening experience, especially for long-time fans who have come to expect certain elements in each subsequent song or album from LP.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Minus

I've been a member of this forum since 2003, so I know all about Hybrid Theory. It's still hasn't aged well.